5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 12:50 AM by Intel Corporation

PN532 problem

MagdyA

I just bought an NFC RFID  module PN532

PN532 NFC RFID module V3 kits -- NFC with Android phone [WIRELESS-NFC-PN532] - $13.90 : Elechouse, Arduino Play House

I also have a Intel Galileo board (not gen-2) using Yocto image working

• The problem is I can't use the PN532 module using python scripts. I've been searching for 2 days on the internet for solutions and rarely finding anything for Intel Galileo and if found it's error-ful, the only solution that got me close was the answer in this thread Interaction with PN532 adrafruit nfc reader but the script recommended didn't recognize the NFC tag or NFC card that comes with the module.
      • What I need is if anyone can guide me to a working example or a functioning library that supports Intel Galileo using python to work on the Yocto image.
      • a Hint that may help you help me: I've tried using the module to scan the given tag and card and both are working fine using Arduino but unfortunately my project I'm working on forces me to use the Python-Yocto way so any solution out of that scope will be completely useless to me.

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: PN532 problem
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi MagdyA,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Galileo board.
          Please let me look into it and I will get back to you later.

Regards,
          Alexandra

• 2. Re: PN532 problem
            Intel Corporation

Hello MagdyA,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you please clarify what you are referring to by Arduino? Are you talking about Arduino Uno or the Arduino portion of the Galileo. 
            Also please make sure you have installed the latest UPM library and if you can, provide me with the library version number and the error you are getting on the script. 

Regards,
            Octavian

• 3. Re: PN532 problem
              MagdyA

First sorry for my late reply.

Second I was talking about arduino portion of galileo (intel galileo supports arduino right?).

Third the upm version is 1.6.0 also I got no error but the script (example) kept running without recognizing any nfc card/tag outputing "please use nfc card" in an endless loop without detection.

• 4. Re: PN532 problem
                Intel Corporation

Hello MagdyA,

Thank you for your patience. 

Try to modify the script you are already using and change line 31 from 
                myNFC = upmPn532.PN532(3, 2) to myNFC = upmPn532.PN532(2,3).

Hope this helps. 

Regards,
                Octavian

• 5. Re: PN532 problem
                  Intel Corporation

Hello MagdyA,

Do you require any more assistance with this issue?

Regards,
                  Octavian