Hi I have few questions:
- I have a i5 750 2.67 processor and Corsair xmp 1600 ddr3 2gb dual channel (4gb total) memory and it is recording 1333. I went in to change the profile to xmp and it did switch the memory frequency to 1602, but it also made my processor speed slower. Is this normal? If i try and turn up the 160 (forget what its called but that # that changes multiple variables) to get my processor speed back up to 2.67 ghz, it overclocks the memory. Is this ok? Should I worry about the processor speed? Right now its running on the xmp 1600 profile that was in there and I didnt make any other changes
- I upgraded my fans to quiet 1200 rpm ones and changed the type from 4 pin to 3 pin in the bios. I read that 3 pin does not have fan control?! Is this true? I think I read that 4 pin is PWM and 3 pin can use voltage speed control. Can you tell me if the 3 pin is still using the onboard fan speed controller, and are the recorded speeds accurate?
- Are there any good places to tell me how to overclock my dp55kg and i5 750 chip specifically? I've read in reviews that the dp55kg and 750 is good matchup for overclocking up to 4Ghz, but I've yet to see how to do it. Although I'm comfortable going into the bios and changing things, I am not very interested in learning the hobby side of overclocking and I've never overclocked in the past. I have looked into general overclocking a bit but I find it so overwhelming that I dont have the inclination to study it - there is a pretty steep learning curve. I just want to do a safe overlcock (3.5-3.75ghz?!) and forget about it. I have a corsair H50 cpu cooler and very good cooling in my case, so I think I have the basics covered. Is anyone willing to help me with this, on or offline? I basically just need to know what settings to change.
- I bought a intel ssd drive as my main drive. Should I put it in the blue sata slots, or just sata0? I have a feeling the blue sata are for raid only? I did buy a sata 3.0 cable for the ssd to take advantage of the speed. Anything else I should know about SSD installation?!
- Can the usb port near the processor function as a normal usb port, or is that for updates or special features? I've run out of interal headers so it'd be nice to have one more.
Thanks ahead of time for any replies.