3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 10:28 PM by Intel Corporation

SR2520SAXSR

radorbk

I have problem with conection SAS HDD bigger then 2TB. Can I upgrade RAID controller or no?

• 1. Re: SR2520SAXSR
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello radorbk,

First, let me provide you with some information on the system, according to the system model, is under EOIS, you can verify this on the following pages:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020015/server-products.html

I am going to try and find as much information to help you with your question.
          I also invite you to move the thread to the Discontinued section of the Community for the current interaction or future ones.

According to the reference manual for the SR2520SAXSR on page 50, was tested up to SAS-300 only for the onboard RAID controller, if you will like to use the 2 TB HDD then you will need a RAID Controller

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.

• 2. Re: SR2520SAXSR
            radorbk

Hello Henry,

I have server
            with SN: AZOW8460469  MM #>892251 TA #>E10062-003
            mainboard PBA E11012-101 with
            SAS/SATA Backplane PBA 067951-402.

I updated
            system with firmware version 101;65;43 from 21-dec-2010, but if I go to
            Intel Embedded Server RAID configuration, then I see old version from

What is problem?

Thank, you Radorbk

• 3. Re: SR2520SAXSR
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello radorbk,

Thank you for the information, the BIOS is not changing on the RAID Card usually is because the BIOS Firmware does not include the firmware for all the devices.
              But definitely the 2TB HDD will have almost that the HDD size is not compatible.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.