Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

intel processor diagnostic tool [fail]

ΝΠανί
Beginner

Hello,

I am having an issue with my intel core i5 m520 2.4ghz processor. The test fails at Prime number, Floating Point and Math.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello nikolaospan,

I understand that your processor has failed the diagnostic and showed an error in Prime number, Floating Point and Math.

Regarding this, I would like to start by letting you know that this unit is already out of interactive support, this processor is quite old and we no longer provide support for it. What I could recommend you to do in a case like this is to completely remove the Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool from "Programs & Features".

Once the program is completely uninstalled and removed, re-download the software from the link below and install it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool

After the installation, reboot the system and run the test once again.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Yuse
Beginner
Hello I have the same problem as the partner who asked the question but I did not find solution
0 Kudos
yassine1
Beginner

I am having an issue with my intel core i5 m560 2.67ghz processor. The test fails at Prime number, Floating Point and Math.

0 Kudos
yassine1
Beginner

I am having an issue with my intel core i5 m560 2.67ghz processor. The test fails at Prime number, Floating Point and Math.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should have started a new thread for yourself.

Your processor is more than 10 years ol and is not supported.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/49653/intel-core-i5-560m-processor-3m-cache-2-66-ghz.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nikolaospan,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
HAlme1
Beginner

Hello

I have had some problems with my computer, a notebook. Searching the internet, I found the Intel Diagnostic Tool, but when doing the test, I did not succeed.

My CPU is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz.

I ask for help with the following problem:

--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.0.24

--- IPDT64 - Start Time: 12/05/2018 05:02:57

----------------------------------------------

-- Testing

CPU 1 - Genuine Intel - Pass.

CPU 1 - BrandString - Pass.

CPU 1 - Cache - Pass.

CPU 1 - MMXSSE - Pass.

CPU 1 - IMC - Pass.

CPU 1 - Prime Number - Fail.

IPDT64 Failed

--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.0.24

--- IPDT64 - End Time: 12/05/2018 05:03:37

FAIL

The error also occurs because of the window that does not respond and I end up having to force the closing of the window, causing the error.

Module VisParticle.exe Completed - Fail

No valid errorcode returned

Error Code -805306369

Result - Fail

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello HeitorAlmeida

Thank you for joining the community.

By the information provided seems that he may be facing a hardware problem due to of the test failure on the processor since your system is a notebook my recommendation is to contact the manufacturer of the system for warranty options if it is a possibility.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
KoDan
Beginner

Old thread (and hardware just getting older!) but this question was recently relevant to me with an old HP 2540p laptop upgraded to Win 10.

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 580 @ 2.67GHz and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD v.8.15.10.2057.

Note system works really well on Win 10 with an SSD & 8GB RAM - required updates not optional IMHO. In fact it performs better than my lads modern 'school-issued' laptop (Acer P645) with regards to graphics performance. Not bad for a 2010 laptop designed for Win 7!

Now the Intel Driver & Support Tool identifies everything fine however reports that no Intel software is loaded nor is any available. Bummer.

As above IPDT failed at prime, floating & math tests. Using the suggested 'old' version of IPDT (link above) made no difference. However I recalled that the particle test should render something onto the screen, instead I was just getting black then fail.

All the above suggested to me driver - however the HP Diagnostic Tool ALSO says that HP has no available updates or software for the laptop.

But availability only applies to SUPPORTED software and drivers, it doesn't mean they don't exist. So I went back to my googling and tracked down a bunch of old Win 8 64-bit drivers for the laptop and installed one. Win 10 warned me I'm installing older drivers - but I did it anyway.

Ta Dah!

Not only do all of the IPDT tests run (and pass) but the HP driver has significantly improved the FPS of the only game on the laptop - Minecraft - by about 30%. Which is a lot for the old girl - but more importantly it shows that there is graphics performance available that wasn't being accessed by the default Win 10 install. Sounds good, but whether there is a downside for other applications I simply don't know.

SUMMARY

The IPDT is probably only compatible with vendor-issued (like Intel) Win 10 drivers OR 'modern' Win 10 default install drivers. Which is fair enough. So if your old computer is running OK but failing IPDT then you probably have a couple of options.

1. Just ignore IPDT. If the computer is running fine and the core Intel GMA functions are there then IMHO leaving it using the recommended Win 10 drivers is the most reliable option. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
  2. But if you do want to tinker then you will need to google for older manufacturer drivers specific to your computer - in my case this was HP.

WARNING - THESE OLD DRIVERS MIGHT BREAK YOUR SYSTEM!

Even if you find them, the drivers will not be optimised nor officially supported for Win 10. There will also likely be quite a few driver variants available (I have downloaded at least 3) , so the only way to see what works and how well is through trial and error.

I install these knowing full well that that it might break the OS and I'll have to totally rebuild.

Tinkering like this is RISK vs REWARD, only you can make that decision :-)

0 Kudos