4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2018 8:15 AM by Intel Corporation

Partition of 0 MB causes problems

franco.naguero

Hi, I have an Intel 540s (250 GB SSD). During the Windows installation I have to do the partitions and it appears one partition of all capacity and one partiton of 0 MB. I can't delete this partiton and it's causing problems in the start of the OS. Can anybody help me?

• 1. Re: Partition of 0 MB causes problems
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi franco.naguero,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the 0MB partition. 

We recommend you to perform a low-level format for the Intel® SSD 540s Series, please follow the next steps: 

Option 1

Perform a low-level format during Windows* installation:
          A- Follow the steps in the following article in order to open the command prompt during the installation.  
          B- Once is open, type the following: 
          *diskpart
          *list disk: It will show a table with all your disks. Note the number of the disk you need to erase.
          * Now, you need to select your disk in diskpart. Type the following: sele disk #(number of the SSD you need to erase)
          *Once the SSD is selected, type the following command: clean 

Option 2 
          Check the following article: Run a Low-Level Format on Intel® Solid State Drives - intel.com 

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation. 

Regards, 
          Junior M. 

• 2. Re: Partition of 0 MB causes problems
            Intel Corporation

Hi franco.naguero,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards, 
            Junior M.

• 3. Re: Partition of 0 MB causes problems
              franco.naguero

I can solve this problem with the low level format. Thanks

• 4. Re: Partition of 0 MB causes problems
                Intel Corporation

Hi franco.naguero, 

Thanks for the reply. 

We are glad to hear that the low-level format resolved your issue. 

If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again. 

Regards, 
                Junior M.