9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 1:35 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon internal USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports (via header) problems

johnnydub

Hello All,

Via MicroSATAcables.com i purchased both of the cables from GO-RITE that expose Skull Canyon's internal USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports (and Common I/O Header).

MicroSATACables.com: Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon Internal USB 3.0 Header Cable

MicroSATACables.com: Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon Internal Common IO Header DF1.25mm 20 Pin

All 4 USB connections from the header cable (2xUSB 2.0,  2xUSB 3.0) worked fine for a while.

But now only 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 is working on the header cable.

I can't remember if they went bad after some Windows update..all i know is that one day i could't get both ports to work..

=>I first tried to update and change settings, but the problem is still there:

1. i updated to the latest BIOS

2. my OS (Windows 10 Pro) is up to date

3. i reinstalled all usb drivers (in device manager) manually

4. in USB properties/power management (device manager) i unchecked 'allow computer to turn off this device to save power'

5. in control panel/power settings i disabled the 'USB selective suspend' setting

6. in BIOS all USB ports are set to 'enabled'

=>I did some troubleshooting on the faulty USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port of the header cable:

-my old HP computer keyboard works fine!

-my optical mouse gets power (light=on) but doesn't work: 'USB device not recognized'

-hard drives get power but don't show up in 'This PC'

-other devices get power but don't show up

! ! ! All devices that are not working on the faulty USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port of the header cable WORK PERFECTLY FINE when connected to the other USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port of the header cable or the other USB 3.0 ports on the Skull Canyon ! ! !

So i am trying to find a solution for this.

Maybe i should order a new header cable, but the fact that my old HP computer keyboard works fine, and that all connected devices recieve power on the 2 faulty ports should mean that the cable is fine?

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks,

Jan