2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2018 3:14 AM by Kalyke

Intel EtherExpress Flash32 Driver Disk

Kalyke

Hi,

I‘m in the process of resurrecting an old EISA 386 workstation. For network connectivity it has an Intel EtherExpress Flash 32 EILA8225 network adapter. I‘m struggling to find the driver disk. Useing the waybackmashine I can find the references to the right file but I had no luck finding the file FL32DISK.EXE.

EtherExpress™ Classic Adapter - EtherExpress 32, 32N and Flash 32 Self Help Entry

or

Driver Disk Software Release 3.0 [FL32DISK.EXE]

I tried to contact the support but they were not able to help me.

kind regards

Oliver

• 1. Re: Intel EtherExpress Flash32 Driver Disk
          carlos_intel

Hello Kalyke,

We understand that you are looking for the drivers needed to use your Intel® EtherExpress 32-Bit Flash (EISA) network adapter on an old workstation project.

Intel-Flash-32-EISA-EILA8225.jpg(?)

Since this is an early 90's product, the drivers were never uploaded to any of our online archives. Because of this, your best hope will be to find someone still keeping the original box and diskette for your NIC. You may even need to resort to compiling your own custom driver.

Perhaps more information will help other users find your thread. What operating system will you be running on this workstation?

Best regards,

Carlos A.

• 2. Re: Intel EtherExpress Flash32 Driver Disk
            Kalyke

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your response. Actually I was just able to find the drivers (and many more) on this russian tech support cd from Intel:

TECH SUPPORT CD LIBRARY Intel : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Maybe it also helps others looking for old drivers.

The card is working and I now have network connectivity:-).

I'm running Windows NT and WfW 3.11 on this machine.

ALR.jpg

It is an ALR Business VEISA with an unique exchangeable CPU module. (I have the  368 DX33 and 486 DX33 modules)

Here just for reference is the 386 module:

intel386.jpg

Regards

Oliver