2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 4:55 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Z370 USB 3.0 Drivers

akrios

Is there anywhere I can download USB 3.0 drivers for Windows 10 64-bit straight from Intel instead of using the ones that Microsoft automatically installs? I have not been able to find the download and my motherboard manufacturer does not have them listed on their website either.

I've been dropping packets, which causes the lights on my keyboard to flicker constantly and was hoping the updated drivers straight from Intel would help out. I am using a Z370 board with Intel USB 3.0 ports.

• 1. Re: Z370 USB 3.0 Drivers
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team, akrios.

Allow me to share with you that Intel® does not provide USB 3.0 drivers for 3rd party boards. If you have an Intel® Product such as a NUC or Intel® Compute Stick you can get the drivers from https://ark.intel.com/. For the Z370 chipset, you should be able to get the drivers from your mainboard manufacturer, if you are unable to find drivers for your system, please get in touch with the board manufacturer for you to get them.

Antony S.

• 2. Re: Z370 USB 3.0 Drivers
            N.Scott.Pearson

Let me state this (more) clearly: Windows 10 has USB drivers built-in; there are no separate drivers provided by Intel or anyone else. Make sure that you have (a) installed the latest BIOS version available for your board and (b) installed the Intel Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package. The latter package optimally configures the USB drivers included in Windows 10. Download both of these items from your board manufacturer's site.

...S