Please try these troubleshooting s steps:
1. Confirm if the RAM being used has been validated and that meets all the requirements for the Intel® Server Board S5000VSA.
2. Make sure that the cover of the chassis is properly set.
3. Remove all the fans from the chassis and the plug them pack again.
4. Run the Firmware update package.
5. Check if the fans are plug into the SYS_FAN or into the CPU_FAN.
6. If the fans are connected into the CPU_FAN advise to test them on the SYS_FAN connection.
Finally, check the following URL for more information:
Thanks for your answer!
Please see my answers to your questions:
1. The RAM should be validated. The board uses 4 x Kingston KVR667D2D8F5. (i have also tested with other mem)
2. The cover is on, but that shouldn't matter, because this is a non-intel chassis with no switch connected to the cover.
3. I have re-plugged all fans with no result.
4. Firmware is latest, and I have tested to re-install it also. (via bootable dos usb stick)
5. The CPU fant (witch makes the noise) is plugged in to CPU_1 connector. I have also tested it in CPU_2 and som of the chassis fan connectors. - Same result.
6. Se pt.5. When I connect to a SYS_FAN it goes at 100% all the time, but in CPU_1 or 2 it goes to 100% when power on, then goes down to normal speed for 2-3 seconds, and then to full speed again.
Any other ideas would be highly appreciated!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Tried reconfiguring the FRU and that seems to do the trick!
The CPU fan gears down after power on, and it is now possible to be in the same room
Downloaded the bios package and boot from usb stick (DOS) and run command "frusdr /cfg master.cfg" and go thru the wizzard.
Hello Frank Nilsen,
Thank you for letting us know issue seems to be fixed after reconfiguring the FRU.
Please monitor the system and let us know if any further assistance is required.
If you have any more questions, please let me know.
We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your problem.
Feel free to contact us back in case you have any more questions.