3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2018 8:39 AM by Richard_R

1 Core fällt aus

Richard_R

Hallo!
      Ich habe einen Core i5-8600K, übertaktet auf 4,7 GHz.

Nach 10 - 15 Prime95 Small FFT fällt immer der Kern #0 aus.

Temperatur dabei um ca. 90°, die anderen Kerne sind aber heisser.

Warum?

Vielen Dank!

Richard

• 1. Re: 1 Core fällt aus
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Richard_R,
          Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue that you have been experiencing with your Intel® Core™ i5-8600K Processor, it will be more than a pleasure to provide you with assistance on this matter.
          In this case the behavior of your unit is totally expected since the unit is working at frequency that is higher than the maximum frequency (4.30 GHz).
          Here you will find all the processor’s  specifications:
          https://ark.intel.com/products/126685/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4_30-GHz
          Altering clock frequency or voltage may reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor, it could cause the processor and other system components to fail, cause reductions in system performance; and affects system data integrity. Intel has not tested the operation of the processor beyond its specifications.
          Based on the brief description of your issue, the failure of the core 0 and the high temperatures spikes seem to be caused by the same reason (overclocking).
          The best recommendation at this point is to revert the processor’s values to the default settings and then run the test again, so you can verify if there is any damage on the actual unit.
          Another tool that you can use in order to test the processor is our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, you can download it here:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

I hope this helps,
          Best regards,
          Diego S.

• 2. Re: 1 Core fällt aus
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Richard_R,

I was taking a look to your thread, and I wanted to confirm if you need further assistance?
            Please do not hesitate on replying back so we can provide you with assistance regarding your issue.
            I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
            Diego S.

• 3. Re: 1 Core fällt aus
              Richard_R

Thank you for your response, Diego.

Everything is ok.