10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 5:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Custom/DIY Stereo Image Sensor module with RealSense Vision Processor D4 Board

ayuen

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the RealSense development community. In fact, my company (www.navatics.com) has just bought some Vision Processor D4 boards and D430 Depth modules for R&D. My team has some experience working with image processors, and are looking to make a stereo camera to put on our future robotics products.

I have the following questions:

A) Is it possible and/or feasible to make a custom depth module (out of 2x 2-lane MIPI-CSI2 image sensors)?

I understand that the D4 board enumerates differently according to the depth module attached. This means the D4 board somehow identifies the module (I'm guessing via reading image sensor I2C identification). Assuming a custom depth module is at least possible, I would like to also be able to:

B) develop applications on the D4 using the RealSense SDK 2.0 and enumerate with custom values. Any ideas?

C) Is the tracking module on the D4 card optional? In other words, can I connect only a depth module and not connect anything to the tracking module and still obtain a stereo depth image?

Thank you all in advance.

Sincerely,

Adrian Yuen