This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
We understand you're having connectivity issues on your laptop using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.
Looking through the support page for your laptop, we found a few matching complains. It seems your OEM addressed this issue through a BIOS update:
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
HP ENVY 15-Ah100* and Pavilion 15-Ab100* Notebook PCs - Wireless LAN Exhibits Disconnection Issues - HP* Support
If that doesn't help, you can try our clean installation method to update your wireless driver. You're currently using driver version 126.96.36.199, the latest driver (provided through the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 20.30.1) for your adapter is version 188.8.131.52.
1. Download and save our latest driver package for your adapter
2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, or Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."
3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.
5. Reboot your computer.
6. Install the driver package downloaded back in step one.
As far as replacement options go, we're unable to provide recommendations for several reasons. Our recommendation is to always rely on your computer manufacturer for hardware validation, and purchase the replacement part from them directly if at all possible.
- Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?
- Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade
Please let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.