Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team, dohduhdah.
In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
In the meantime, please try restoring your Graphics setting back to default by pressing CTRL+ALT+F8 on your desktop.
Thanks for your help. I've attached the txt file generated by the intel system support utility.
Yesterday when I wanted to create a screenshot of the problem it was occurring when I opened the
first few instances of the app but then when I had four of them tiled on the screen it wouldn't occur
anymore, so I've created a mock-up in paint to show what it looks like when it does occur.
If it occurs again (perhaps after a reboot or in another app/program) I'll try the Ctrl-Alt-F8 combination
(restoring graphics default settings) to see if that makes a difference.
intel-sys-info.txt.zip 6.0 K
Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, dohduhdah.
If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, please install the latest graphics drivers provided by Intel®. Click here to download the 4944 version of the Intel® HD Graphics 630 drivers and to complete the installation, please follow these steps:
1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.
5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
6. Open Device Manager
7. Expand the Display adapters section.
8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" if not, please repeat the first 4 steps until you see that on the Display adapters entry.)
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
12. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Please share with us the results.
Sorry for the delayed response. So far the problem hasn't occurred again and I didn't try reverting the driver version back from version 4973 to 4944 yet. It seems the problem doesn't affect most software,
so it can be hard to test solutions when the problem isn't easily replicated.
Eventually I think the chances are likely that the problem will crop up again at some point,
so I will be able to experiment some more and see if changing the driver completely resolves it.
I will get back to this thread then to report the results, but it might take a while.
My problem with this update 188.8.131.5273 is that today is 9/15/18 and I have the latest driver from Intel already: 184.108.40.20686, but I don't understand why windows 10 is still trying to push this outdated update to me. Even though it seems i don't have to install it, the reminder is outthere. can you guys pls talk to microsoft to disable such reminder? thx
Thank you for joining the thread.
I recommend creating a new thread since you are having a different system configuration and problem, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, model of the hardware that is presenting the problem and detail information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.
Please attach to the new thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
Steps to save the report:
- Run the utility.
- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.
- Once the scan is complete click on “next”.
- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.
- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Thank you; hope to hear from you soon.