Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors

S3420GPC

SBera1
Beginner

Hello,

i have a mainboard Intel S3420GPC Bios S3420GP.86B.01.00.0048. In the Compatibility List (Testet Memory and Hardware List) the memory Samsung M393B5170EH1-CH9 is as working.

Now i have bougt 4 Memorys M393B5170EH1-CH9 (4GB) but nothing will run on this board. When i take other (Kingston) memory the bord works fine. What can i do? Is this a knowing problem?

Thank you.

Svent

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Svent,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that you are trying to use compatible memory Samsung M393B5170EH1-CH9 on your Intel(R) Server Board S3420GP but the server board will not post; when using other memory brand it does work.

I did confirm the compatibility of this memory and it should work with this board. There is no unknown issue reported when using this memory (Samsung) with the board.

Based on your information, please try the following:

- Try one memory stick at a time.

- Using working memory, update the BIOS to latest version. You can download the latest version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/50528/Intel-Server-Board-S3420GP-Family here.

Please let me know your results.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Svent,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided helped or if you still need more assistance from us.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Svent,

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided helped or if you still need more assistance from us.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Svent,

I have not heard from you regarding this case. I will proceed to close this case. If you need more assistance from us feel free to open a new case and you can refer to this one; more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos