Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i7-7700HQ strongly falling frequencies

OStas
Beginner

Hello, I ran into a problem on my laptop ASUS GL753VE (i7 7700hq gtx 1050 ti 16gb ram), the frequencies in the usual game (in the example of GTA 5) drop very much, although with the temperatures everything is ok. What can be the problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi stasas977,

I understand processor frequency is dropping while playing GTA* 5. Let me help you on this matter.

I would like to know if you are currently experiencing lag issues when the processor frequency drops at 2407 MHz.

Have you tried to disable Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology? You can try this at BIOS level.

Please let me know your findings.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
OStas
Beginner

Hello, Allan J.

I did not see such an item in my BIOS, but I think the problem is with Intel SpeedStep ®. (My BIOS in the photo, maybe you'll see something)
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi stasas977,

Thank you for updating this thread.

I do not see any options for power either. Too bad because you can also disable C1E or CPU states. Please check with the board maker for possible BIOS update

Let me know your findings.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
OStas
Beginner

My BIOS is the latest version, but for some reason this item still does not

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi stasas977,

That's unfortunate. At this stage, please check with Asus* for more information about how to disable Intel® Enhanced SpeedStep if BIOS does not provide an option to do so.

Asus* support

https://www.asus.com/support/callus https://www.asus.com/support/callus

Regards,

Allan J.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi stasas977,

I was wondering if the issue was consulted through your motherboard maker. Please let me know.

Regards,

Allan J.

0 Kudos
OStas
Beginner

I wrote, but they do not answer.

When they answer, I will certainly inform you

0 Kudos