1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 4:34 PM by audio_g

No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)

audio_g

Did update all drivers on NUC7CJYH, but was unable to get the audio working via the HDMI.

• 1. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
          audio_g

Additional information:

1. Tried another fresh install of Windows 10 on the Nuc
          2. This time, did manual install of drivers in a sequence - starting with Chipset driver first, trusted execution engine and then UHD Graphics drive
          3. System did not allow me to install the latest version (15.65.4.4944) of UHD graphics driver so installed the previous version ( 15.60.2.4905)

Still unable to get the audi working via the HDMI.

Note, I have not installed the Realtek* High Definition Audio driver, as I don't plan to use the 3.5 audio jack or microphone.

• 2. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Gautam Joshi,

I understand that you are not getting any audio out via HDMI, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regarding this, I would like to know if you have tried to use a different HDMI cable or else a different display. Also, have you checked under audio devices? How does it show? If possible please attach a screenshot of how the audio devices look.

Also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 
            2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
            3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 
            4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Regards,
            David V

• 3. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
              audio_g

I will be trying a new HDMI cable to connect to my Vizio TV.

I only have one monitor which is my Vizio TV. Using the NUC as a HTPC.

I do not see anything in the Audio devices.

Please refer attachment intel_corp

Let me know if any more information is required.

• 4. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                Intel Corporation

Hello Gautam Joshi,

Thank you for your response,

Please let us know the outcome once you try with the other HDMI cable.

Regards,
                David V

• 5. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                  audio_g

Hello intel_corp

Connected a new Monoprice 4K HDR compliant HDMI cable between NUC and the Vizio TV, unfortunately no audio.

Refer the image of the speaker with red cross. Clicking on that brings up the troubleshooting modal but that does not solve the issue.

• 6. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                    Intel Corporation

Hello Gautam Joshi,

I would like to try to do a graphics driver update, this is a troubleshooting step that I would like to follow. Please go to the link below and download the ".zip" file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=126787

Once the file is downloaded, please follow the steps below:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder. 
                    2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
                    3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control. 
                    4 - Expand the Display adapters section. 
                    5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. 
                    6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
                    7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
                    8 - Click "Have Disk". 
                    9 - Click "Browse". 
                    10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics". 
                    11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh". 
                    12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed. 
                    13 - Reboot your computer

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
                    David V

• 7. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                      audio_g

Hello intel_corp

Followed the steps mentioned earlier and have below comments:

1) At step 11, I was not allowed to pick 'igdlh64' file as system only allowed to pick an *.inf file type.

2) I selected the *.inf file (kit126731) and system installed the driver

3) restarted NUC

4) After reboot, system seems very sluggish (mouse would hardly move and keyboard inputs would not work)

5) HDMI audio did not seem to work as the tray speaker icon was still showing a red cross. Through out the process, NUC is always connected to the TV via the HDMI cable.

• 8. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                        Gccyak

I can confirm that steps 1, 2 and 3 of the original post are behaving exactly the same way for me.  I tried fresh install of windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Pro, both at Dec 1709 and Sep 1709 releases, both activated... With and without full updates completed. (Yes, all 32 permutatuons)

Connected to 3 different monitors/TVs using two HDMI cables that test fine with other systems for audio.

Further, the realtek drivers for the front panel audio do not work, with the device manager displaying a failed device.  This was the last step I took after each of my 32 installs.

I repeated all 32 installs across 3 separate NUC7CJYH systems, with BIOS updated.  (96 complete installs in total, all done manually, not imaged nor sysprepped)

• 9. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                          Intel Corporation

Hello Gautam Joshi,

Could you please go to the bottom left where you have the icon of the "sound", right-click on it and select the option that says "Playback devices" and then attach the screenshot to the thread? This is so I can have a little more information please.

Regards,
                          David V.

• 10. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                            audio_g

intel_corp

Refer attached image.

Also, clicking on the speaker icon (with red cross) brings up the troubleshooting popup and going through the flow system says unable to find/fix the issue.

To bring the playback popup, I searched for audio and clicked for Manage audio devices.

Thanks!

• 11. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                              Gccyak

While I cannot speak for the original poster, here is what I get:

Intel RTK 3.png

Here is the install banner of the driver I'm using:

Intel RTK 1.png

And in case you need it, here is the driver details page:

Intel RTK 2.png

To note, I have attempted "Update Driver", both searching the extracted driver's directory as well as C:\, and Windows Update.

As for the Graphics driver, I am using GFX_Win10_64_15.60.2.4905, since the most current driver fails to install.  As I have a order of 300 of these NUC units pending, I would like to have this resolved within the next 2 weeks as proof of concept needs to be completed shortly.  At present, I have not been able to extract audio via HDMI nor either optical+front-panel jacks.

• 12. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                                Intel Corporation

Hello audio_g,

Can you please open the "Device Manager" and then expand the audio section to see how it shows? It should show something like the picture that is attached.

Please take a screenshot of how the one in your system looks like so we can check and have more details about the problem.

Regards,
                                David V

• 13. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                                  audio_g

Hello intel_corp

Refer image below. Clicking on the Driver Details displays the below popup. There are three windows in total, one top of the other.

Capture.PNG

• 14. Re: No audio via HDMI on my NUC7CJYH (Windows 10 Pro)
                                    Intel Corporation

Hello Gautam Joshi,

Up to this point what we can try to do is trying a new cable, please make sure that the cable is HDMI to HDMI and not an adapter. You can also try to connect the system to a different display with audio like another TV or a monitor with speakers. 

If none of that works then the best recommendation and only if possible would be to re-install the operating system. 

Regards,
                                    David V

1 2 Previous Next