3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 10:05 AM by Intel Corporation

Can't find Turbo Boost driver for Acer Nitro 5

LogoE710

I'm setting up my new Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-51) laptop, which has an Intel Core i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.5GHz capable of 3.5GHz with Turbo Boost. The Acer website has a download for it but it only downloads and installs Intel Management Software and seemingly no drivers. The laptop did not come with the Turbo Boost driver. I can't find the driver on the Intel website despite looking at all of the downloads for the Intel Core i5-7300HQ. Does anyone know where I can find the Turbo Boost driver for this CPU?

• 1. Re: Can't find Turbo Boost driver for Acer Nitro 5
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello LogoE710,
          Thank you for contacting us regarding the drivers for the Intel® Turbo Boost .Technology (2.0) for your Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-51) laptop, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you with guidance on this matter.
          In this case the support for the specific version of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology that supports your Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Processor needs to be handled directly by the manufacturer of the machine (OEM).
          The specific reason why, is because the support for this app is only active on the latest version, which is Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
          Your processor in this case supports the previous version (2.0) as you can check here: https://ark.intel.com/products/97456/Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz
          The 2.0 version is customized for the OEM laptop that you own, and the support will be only through the manufacturer of the machine.
          While doing some research online, I found their link in order to download the app that is specifically customized for your machine:
          http://www.notebook-driver.com/acer-nitro-an515-51-laptop-drivers/
           On the link above you will find the driver that you are looking for, in case that you have any trouble, do not hesitate on contacting Acer’s support so they can give you a hand if it’s necessary.
          I hope this helps,
          Diego S.

• 2. Re: Can't find Turbo Boost driver for Acer Nitro 5
            LogoE710

Can I have a link to the 2.0 version of Intel Turbo Boost? I cannot find it anywhere and Acer Support says I need it for this to work.

• 3. Re: Can't find Turbo Boost driver for Acer Nitro 5
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello LogoE710,

Thank you for your response.
              In this case as shared before, the support for this app is only active on the latest version, which is Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
              I regret to inform you that in order to get the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 driver for your machine, you will need contact directly the computer manufacturer due to the fact that The 2.0 version is customized specially for the OEM laptop that you own.
              Hope this helps,
              Diego S.