Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Guest Access Internet Connection

DShel
Beginner

Hi, i've done some searching and haven't been able to find any concrete evidence of anyone successfully implementing the guest plugin and while giving the user an internet connection still. We have a need for vendors to be able to come in and display their laptop in a conference room, but also still have an internet connection as they are usually demoing a web app or something along those lines.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DanShelton,

I understand that you are unsure whether the Guest Access allows you to keep an on-going Internet connection.

Regarding this, I am currently investigating so I would like to ask you to provide me some time and as soon as I have the information I will be posting back.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dan Shelton

Once the client gets connected to the hub using the plugin, system wont be able to connect externally. This is because of security reasons (tunneling for example) . The client will be able to connect by IIS to the hub only and not the server.

thanks

David

0 Kudos
SureshManirajah
Employee

How can I actually connect to Intel Guest Internet Access?

0 Kudos
kartik
Employee
0 Kudos
JFIF
Beginner

My guest Intel access account number has expired at the Ronler Acres site. I need a new password please.

0 Kudos