2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 2:08 PM by Intel Corporation

H81 compatible con el Sistema Operativo de Linux, MAX 9

TBD_Soporte

Buenas tardes,

Me gustaría saber si los procesadores H81 son compatibles con el Sistema Operativo de Linux, MAX 9.

Gracias de antemano!

• 1. Re: H81 compatible con el Sistema Operativo de Linux, MAX 9
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello TBD_Soporte,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the compatibly inquiries that you have between our Intel® 8 Series Chipsets (H81) and Linux, MAX 9, it will be more than a pleasure to provide you with assistance on this matter.
          In this case, the actual H81 chipset is not OS dependent; however the motherboard manufacturers are the ones that use our Intel® 8 Series Chipsets as an embedded piece of hardware, meaning that they add limitations (OS, voltage, etc), customize drivers and provide support to the whole motherboard system.
          Here you will find all the details regarding the H81 chipset:
          https://ark.intel.com/products/75016/Intel-H81-Chipset
          With that being said, depending on the processor that you install on your board, Linux will be either supported or not, depending on the graphic controller embedded on the CPU.
          As a quick example I will pick one of the CPUs that are on the compatible list of products for the H81 chipset on the link above:
          Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor- with Intel® HD Graphics 4600
          On the following link you will find the compatible operating systems for each Graphic controller:
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html
          As you can see Intel® HD Graphics 4600 supports Linux, meaning that your chipset and your processor should work just fine with MAX 9, however Intel ® does not provide direct downloads and technical support for Linux drivers. The Intel ®Graphics Linux driver is primarily supported through the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), the Linux distribution vendor, or by the Intel Open Source Technology Center at:
          https://01.org/linuxgraphics
           Basically, as shared before the motherboard manufacturer can add limitations, in terms of compatibility and drivers.
          I strongly recommend you to get in touch with Motherboard manufacturers in order to discuss the compatibly between their boards and operating systems.

I hope this helps,
          Best Regards.
          Diego S.

• 2. Re: H81 compatible con el Sistema Operativo de Linux, MAX 9
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello  TBD_Soporte,
            I was taking a look to your thread, and I wanted to confirm if you need further assistance?
            Please do not hesitate on replying back so we can provide you with assistance regarding your issue.
            I hope to hear from you soon.
            Best Regards,
            Diego S.