Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

intel 82579LM windows 10 1709 VLANS problem

mmiku
Beginner

I have intel 82579LM network card in my DELL M6700. Windows version 1709 16299.309. Intel PROSet Version: 23.1.100.0. Intel Driver: 12.15.31.4. When I creating VLAN the error occured:

"One or more VLANs could not be created. Please check the adapter status and try again."

Can anybody help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mikuska,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. I will further check on this and can you also provide below information:

1) Have you tried using the driver or software from Dell since this is an onboard NIC on Dell laptop, a customize driver is recommended.

2) Have you tried using the earlier PROSet version 22.10 or 22.9 to test if this will work for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
mmiku
Beginner

Hi Sharon

1. I have tried to install original DELL driver v12.12.140.22

2. I have tried to install original PROSet version 22.10 and 22.09

3. I have tried to combination original DELL driver v12.12.140.22 and original PROSet version 22.10 and 22.09

The same error occured.

Thanks

Mikuska

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mikuska,

Thank you for the update. I will further investigate on this.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mikuska,

Please refer to information below:

1) What are the recent changes done in the system prior to encountering the error?

2) Have you tried different Windows 10 versions such as 1607, 1703?

3) Is there any issue with the adapter when not using VLAN?

4) Understand you have tried the driver from Dell* and same issue, can you help

double check with them if they have other customized driver which is more suitable for the OEM onboard NIC. Please refer to details in this site:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005658/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mikuska,

Please feel free to provide the information requested.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
mmiku
Beginner

Hi Sharon

1) I have upgrade OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. VLAN's in Windows 7 Pro were running.

2) I have tried only Windows 10 1709.

3) There isn't any issue.

4) I installed latest driver from Dell only. I haven't contacted DELL yet.

Thanks Mikuska M

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mikuska,

Thank you for the update. As this is an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on your notebook, please check with Dell for the compatible driver of Windows 10 1709. The driver we have

is generic version which we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. Pre-installed OS are normally validated by the notebook vendor for the notebook they designed, if you upgrade the OS to a different version, even though you can install the OS but there might be some limitations imposed on the OS upgraded on the notebook with pre-installed OS. Thus, please contact Dell

as they might customize the controller to fit into their design.

Hope the above information clarified.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mikuska,

Please feel free to update me if you have contacted Dell* to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
mmiku
Beginner

Hi Sharon

I upgraded to windows 10 RS4 april update. VLAN appeared, but were disabled. No possibiilties to enable. Today I have installed the latest intel driver v23.2 and VLANs start to work. Problem solved.

Mikuska.

0 Kudos