1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2018 1:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Switch profile shortcut

DaveInOhio

My new Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen has Intel UHD 620 graphics. The Intel System Support Utility (SSU) lists the driver as:

- Driver    igdkmd64.sys   

- Driver Provider    Intel Corporation   

- Driver Date    11/30/2017 05:00 PM   

- Driver Version    23.20.16.4877   

On my previous Lenovo Yoga, a right-click on the desktop brought up a context menu from which I could choose the display profile I want to apply. Now, the context menu contains only an entry for "Intel® Graphics  Settings", requiring a several extra steps to actually select the profile. I also tried the Taskbar notification icon, but did not find anything other than the "Intel® Graphics  Settings" choice there.

Is there a way to get back direct access to specific profiles on the context menu or, alternatively, on the Taskbar notification icon?

Thanks!

Dave

• 1. Re: Switch profile shortcut
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello DaveInOhio,
          Thank you for contacting us regarding our display profile feature, it will be more than a pleasure to provide you with all the information about it.
          The reason why this feature is not present on the Lenovo X1 Yoga, it’s basically because of the graphics controller embedded on your CPU.
          This feature was removed since previous versions of the Intel UHD graphics Family; however we are pretty interested on your feedback.
          I strongly recommend you to submit your feedback here:
          https://communities.intel.com/thread/112438
          The link above is a thread specially designed in order to take customer’s feedback and then develop the ideas trough our team of engineers, so we are open to all kind of suggestions.
          I hope this helps,

Best Regards.
          Diego S.