1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 5:48 AM by sb_adv

NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored

sb_adv

Hello from Germany,

i have Problem with the Intel NUC. Every time i use a Program such as Google Chrome or Plex Media Player or Lego Boost i get a freezing display. But i can back to Windows with TaskManger. In the Event Viewer i see every time this Error: The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored (in german).

If in Chrome hardware acceleration disabled is no Error, if hardware acceleration on screen goes black every few minutes.

All drivers, BIOS, Firmware, Windows etc ist up to date! I tested in the last two weeks different Memory, Displays, Cable etc., also diffenrent Windows 10 fresh install. The error is on VGA and HDMI.

Sorry or my bad english, but i hobe you can help me.

regards

• 1. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
          David-Intel

Hello sb_adv,

I understand that you are having problems as the unit is showing an error with "igfx".

Regarding this, I was reviewing all of the information you sent and I was able to find a graphics driver update that we can try, please download the ".zip" version from the link below:

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.65]

Once that is done, please follow these steps for the installation:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

After the reboot, please use the system normally and let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

• 2. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
            sb_adv

Good morning,

yes i know about this driver. i also tested before, but is not the last officel driver for this NUC (Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6CAYH ).

I tested this today again and the error is still alive.

Where can i system wide disable the hardware acceleration, maybe this help? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Update:

with this solution from Microsoft Windows 10 - Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered - - Microsoft Community i get different error: application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware (in german igfx_with_TdrDelay.jpg)

with Disable Hardware Acceleration Option from Graphics Rendering Registry Settings i get error: the display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored (in german igfx_with_DisableHWAcceleration.jpg)

• 3. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello sb_adv,

Thank you for your response,

What we can now try to do is to try to uninstall the graphics driver controller completely and stay with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. After this is done I want you to check again and try to use the system normally. 

In order to uninstall the display adapter please go to the device manager, right-click on the display adapter and select "Uninstall". After it is uninstalled please reboot the system.

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                sb_adv

Hello,

i tried the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Plex Media Player and Google Chrome seem to work, but I will test it intensively. But that can not be the solution?

Lego Boost crashes completely, with a Application Error in d3d11.dll.

Regards

• 5. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                  David-Intel

Hello sb_adv,

I was testing and now that the Intel ® Graphics controller is uninstalled I want you to re-install the latest version.

I want to try this process because the graphics controller driver could have been corrupted and this could have let the problem happen so please go ahead and download the latest driver:

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.65]

Make sure to follow the same steps to install it:

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

Let us know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V

• 6. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                    sb_adv

Hello,

i installed it according to your instructions, but the error is still there. Note: There is no "igdlh64" or "igdlh" in the zip file, only a Kit126731.inf!

I noticed that on the first start (after the driver installation and restart) of Plex Media Player the error occurred only after about 30 - 60 seconds. I was able to use the program for a very short time. The second start of Plex Media Player, the error came almost immediately. Is it perhaps a problem with the shader cache or some DirectX features?

Please note that the Plex Media Player is just one example. The error also comes in other applications.

Before I tested again the Microsoft driver, without error message, but there was no sound via HDMI.

Also the beta driver from this thread dGPU Switch and Freeze Problem I tried without success.

• 7. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                      David-Intel

Hello sb_adv,

I understand that the solution provided did not fix the issue. My apologies.

I would like to try and replicate this issue and in order to do this I will need you to provide me with the "Default Level Information". This information is in the post below:

IMPORTANT - Required information for reporting Graphics issues

Once this information is complete, please post it here and I will attempt to replicate the problem in order to find the best solution for this.

Regards,

David V

• 8. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                        sb_adv

Hello David V,

Thank you for your support. I will send you the information at the earliest on Monday.

Regards.

• 9. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                          sb_adv

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored on differnet applications

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%):X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel NUC6CAYH

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                          ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Integrated Graphics

No AMD or NV

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                          LFP
                          = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                          EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Samsung TV ue40k5589 or

Samsung TV ue40k5589 over AV Onkyo TX-NR509 or

HP Z22n Display or

Dell P1914Sf Display

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

4GB Crucial CT51264BF160BJ or

8GB Kingston HX318LS11IB/8

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                          ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Samsung TV and HP Display over HDMI Cable

Dell Display over VGA Cable

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A85&SUBSYS_20678086&REV_0B

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Microsoft Windows 10 1709 with Updates

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Google Chrome, Plex Media Player, Lego Boost and many other applications

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

on Samsung TV and HP Display 1920x1080@60p

on Dell Display 1280x1024@60p

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

AC external Power Supply

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                          A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. start e.g. Plex Media Player
                          2. start picture is to be seen, sometimes a charging symbol, image remains fixed
                          3. with task manager can i kill the application
                          4. windows continues to work normally
                          5. the above error can be found in the eventviewer
                          6. similar in Lego Boost and other applications
                          8. google chrome starts normally, but again in different distances, the screen is black, 2-3 seconds then go on. every time the screen became black, the above error can be found in eventviewer.
                            if i disable the hardware acceleration there are no errors in chrome.

I will try to make a video of it and then attach it here with.

Regards

• 10. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                            sb_adv

Now I'm totally confused.

To make a video of the problem I wanted to use VLC as a screen recorder. But as soon as the recording runs, the Plex Media Player works. Without simultaneous recording with VLC, the error is back. (tested at the VGA connection!)

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
                            VLC-> Media-> Convert / Save-> Capture Device-> Capture Mode "Desktop" -> Frame Rate 15f / s-> Convert / Save-> Browse-> Filename-> Save-> Start

Regards

• 11. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                              David-Intel

Hello sb_adv,

Thank you for your patience,

We are still currently working on this and will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

David V

• 12. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                                sb_adv

Thanks for the information, I hope for a positive result.

Regards.

• 13. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                                  sb_adv

Hello,

are there any news?

The new video driver version: 15.65.5.4982 does not improve.

Best regards

• 14. Re: NUC6CAYH The display driver "igfx" stops responding and has been restored
                                    David-Intel

Hello sb_adv,

Thank you for patiently waiting,

I have been doing some testing and I would like you to try the following:

a - Uninstall the current display adapter by going to Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel ® HD Graphics. Right-click on it and click on "uninstall".

b - Download the ".zip" file from the following link: Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6CAYS and NUC6CAYH

c - Proceed to do a manual graphics driver install:

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

After the whole procedure has been done, test the programs and let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

1 2 Previous Next