Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Android Client Auto Discover

MTam
Beginner

Hi Intel.

I have Intel Unite Enterprise and Hub setup, Windows client auto discover server without problem.

Android cannot auto discover server, I need to goto Anrdoid Client > Settings > manually enter server DNS name.

What is the requirement on Android to do auto discover?

I have DHCP Option 3, 6, and 15 already. DHCP option 15 refers to Connection Specific Suffix.

Michael

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello michael.tam

Thank you for joining the community.

Allow me to share with you the Enterprise Deployment Guide for the Intel Unite® app.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008523/software/software-applications.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008523/software/software-applications.html

Please refer to the Android Client Installation in section 6.5, page 33 this point may help you to set the app on your android devices. In case you want to reserve a pin for the devices please refer to section 8.5.5 on page 53.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MTam
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I have read the guide you mentioned and it did not provide me the answer.

We can use Android client when manually enter the server name.

What we want to achieve is automatic discover the server, can you explain how Android get the server automatically?

Through DHCP or DNS, if so what option?

We already have DHCP option 3,5,15 and SRV record _uniteservice._tcp setup.

Windows can auto discover without problem.

Thanks.

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello michael.tam

Thank you for your response.

Allow me to investigate on your request. In the meantime could you provide us with the version of Intel Unite® app you have installed on your system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MTam
Beginner

Hi Leonardo

Below are the version information.

ClientInstaller_V328242_1191418

HubInstaller_V328242_1191419

ServerInstaller_V328344_1194385

Android Client V3.1.1

Best Regards.

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello michael.tam

Thank you for your response and the information provided, we are going to investigate your case, as soon as news become available we will be posting back.

Regards.

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos