6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 2:18 PM by mchinand

D435 uses much processing power & advanced parameters question

I have just received a new D435 camera and started testing it. While looking at the different parameters for the camera I was using realsense viewer and noticed that, when I turn on the stream from RGB camera, all the cores jump to almost a maximum usage. I have Intel i7-7700HQ, 2.80GHz × 8 so my computer should be up to the task. I first thought it was just because I was using realsense viewer, but it turned out that the same thing happens when I use ROS wrapper and start the stream from RGB camera. After disabling RGB processing, processor usage reduced a little, but not nearly enough.

My question is, why does turning on RGB stream uses so much processing power and is there a way to get around it?
      My use case requires a lot of algorithms and processes to run in parallel and if the camera uses this much processing power, I am afraid that I will not be able to meet all the requirements.

Also, I've found an answer somewhere in github issues that there is no explanation on how one of the advanced parameters effect another, but I am interested is there at least explanation what does every parameter mean? Some of the used abbreviations (RAU, SLO, HDAD, AE, DS) are not so clear (at least to me) and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to Your answer and Thank You in advance!

Kind regards