1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2018 4:55 PM by Al Hill

Will this video card replace the Intel HD Graphics 630?

dfishman

I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop with an Intel HD Graphics 630 video card however this video card only supports one HDMI monitor.  Can I replace the Intel video card with the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050?  Want to make sure it is compatible with my Dell Inspiron Desktop. 

Below are product links for full specs:

Dell Inspiron Desktop - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5775305.p?skuId=577530…

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 DirectX 12 GV-N1050WF2OC-2GD 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Cards - Newegg.co… 

Thanks!

- David

• 1. Re: Will this video card replace the Intel HD Graphics 630?
          Al Hill

As long as the add-in graphics card is compatible with you motherboard and system, you should be fine.

You cannot replace the Intel HD graphics 630, as it is built into the processor.

However, depending on the bios, you may experience two things"

1)  The add-in card will likely disable the processor graphics.  Check you bios for settings.

2)  You may have both processor and add-in graphics, concurrently.  Again, check your bios.

You should be checking with DELL regarding compatibility of an add-in card and their board.

doc

1 of 1 people found this helpful