3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 1:29 AM by Intel Corporation

windows server hardening

sumeetmishra

Dear Team,

Foe Windows Server Hardening I had checked gone through NIST as well as CIS , SANS and many other google website.

They all provide us the list of steps which I think it would spent a lot of time to check dozens of Servers.

Do anyone has a true checklist which comprise of not more than 25-30 steps which really needs in the server or we can say mandatory requirements ( Severity wise - Critical).

Regards,

Sumeet Mishra

• 1. Re: windows server hardening
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello sumeetmishra,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Server hardening of what kind are you looking to achieve?  Are you attempting PCI, HIPAA or any other kind of compliance standard?  Do you have any particular requirements to be met? It would also be important for you to contact Microsoft since we are talking about windows server instances.  
          If you are using Intel components we would recommend getting the latest versions of bios, drivers, utilities, etc.

Best regards,
          Franklin S._Intel.

• 2. Re: windows server hardening
            Intel Corporation

Hello sumeetmishra,

I just wanted to follow up with you on the question you had asked a few days ago.  Where you able to find and a more to the point server hardening guide?

Best regards,
            Franklin S._Intel.

• 3. Re: windows server hardening
              Intel Corporation

Hello sumeetmishra,

We hope that you found the information that you were looking for.  If you still need help with your inquiry please contact us back at any time.  However, we may close this thread soon.  Thanks.

Best regards,
              Franklin S._Intel.