Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Wireless-AC 8260 can't install driver for bluetooth

SYavt
Beginner

Hello

I have laptop Lenovo 700-17ISK with Windows 10. And everything was ok, but Intel Utility shows me that i need to updated driver for bluetooth.

Ok i downloaded it, but can't install.

I uninstalled driver manually, and now i just can't install new driver.

Bluetooth service started.

I downloaded all possible drivers for Wireless-AC 8260 and for bluetooth. wi-fi works perfect, bluetooth - no.

latest current drivers for Wireless-AC 8260 is "PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10" Version: 20.30.1 Date: 2/6/2018

last current version for BT "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 " Version: 20.30.0 Date: 2/6/2018

In device manager bluetooth looks like unknow device

After "Driver update" in Device manager i always get this

In device description i see error code 28

Can someone help me with my problem ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Serhiy_Yav,

We understand you've encountered some difficulties while updating to the latest Bluetooth® drivers for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.

To avoid issues like these, we recommend always installing your Bluetooth® before your Wireless driver. Please follow our clean installation method to troubleshoot your error code 28 and let us know if the issue continues:

1. Download and save the latest drivers for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.
    1. Bluetooth®: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27493%3Fv%3Dt Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10
    2. WiFi: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27475%3Fv%3Dt Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10
  2. Uninstall the device software (if applicable): Under Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software," and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."
  3. Manually remove the drivers:
    1. Bluetooth®: Go to the Device Manager > Bluetooth® > Right click on your Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
    2. WiFi: Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
  4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Install the driver packages downloaded back in step one. First Bluetooth®, then WiFi.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
SYavt
Beginner

Hello Carlos

And thank you for your answer but it didn't helped.

In the end i reseted Win10 and reinstalled all programs. For some reason restore also desn't worked .

Best, Serhiy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Serhiy_Yav,

If a clean OS installation doesn't help, it could mean that your adapter has failed. While the Bluetooth® and WiFi modules are integrated in the same adapter, they work and can fail independently.

Our best recommendation will be to engage your computer manufacturer and seek to purchase a replacement part from them.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos