Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. No worries and I have branch out your post to a new thread so that I can better assist you from here.
The firmware version listed here is 6.00 which is not Intel's firmware version 6.01. Can you share more information about the X710 network card?
1) What is the exact X710 model? Is it X710DA2 or X710DA4?
2) Is this an onboard NIC embedded on the Dell system or a standalone network card in which you can plug out. If this is a standalone network card, can you provide the serial number which can be found on the white sticker on the physical NIC with the format of 15 alphanumeric + 6 alphanumeric + 6 - 3 digits.
3) What is the brand and model of the cable used?
4) What is the switch model used here?
5) What is the original firmware version?
Please feel free to provide the information.
>The firmware version listed here is 6.00 which is not Intel's firmware version 6.01.
This is the Dell packaged firmware for the X710. We were looking at this for one of our customers hitting a similar issue.
To add to Sharon's questions:
3a) Please include the ethtool -m output for the interface, and confirm if it is a Fiber or Copper connection.
4a) Please include the ethtool -m output or equivalent command to show the transceiver EEPROM information.