5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 6:31 AM by Rico112255

Nuc7i5bnb no usb mouse and keyboard

Rico112255

My Nuc doesnt support the keyboard and mouse anymore in Windows 10. In the bios, mouse and keyboard are working. I updated to bios 0062 but that doesnt help. Its probably a Windows 10 issue. But how can i fix this without having any input available after Windows 10 has booted?

• 1. Re: Nuc7i5bnb no usb mouse and keyboard
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Rico112255

Thank you for joining the community.

To better assist you could you let us the model of the NUC?

Just to verify with you; have you tried all the USB ports on the unit?

Is it a possibility for you to back up the information on the storage device? In case we need to reinstall the OS

Regards,
          Leonardo C.

• 2. Re: Nuc7i5bnb no usb mouse and keyboard
            Rico112255

Its a Nuc7i5bnh

Yes I tried all usb ports and they do work when in BIOS mode.

The problem is, no recognition of keyboard and mouse,although all usb ports are powered after booting Windows 10 but they will not work. I tried for example a wifi usb stick and that will install and works in win 10.

So I dont know how to make a backup without mouse and keyboard.

I tried different mouse and keyboards as well.

The only thing what i can do is reinstall Windows but will that fix the problem in the end?

Thanks for the help!

• 3. Re: Nuc7i5bnb no usb mouse and keyboard
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Rico112255

Thank you for your response.

For the backup of the data, you can try to connect the storage device to another PC, that means physically removed it from the NUC connected to a PC. 

You can also try to use the Windows® installations to use the restore options to a working point of the OS this following link may help you with that with the option Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options  

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®.  This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,
              Leonardo C.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Nuc7i5bnb no usb mouse and keyboard
                lw1948

Instead of reinstalling Window, you may try the refresh procedure. It is easier and you will not loose your personal data. Since your mouse and keyboard are not working in Windows, you shall start your refresh from Advanced Option Menu. This menu you can reach after booting from Window Installation Media USB:

1. Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB.

2. Select your language preferences, and click/tap on Next.

3. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.

4. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

5. Click/tap on Reset this PC.

6. Click/tap on Keep my files.

7. If prompted, click/tap on an administrator

8. Click/tap on Reset to begin.

9. Refreshing Windows 10 will now start. This will take a while to finish, and your PC will restart a few times during the process.

Hope this helps

Leon

• 5. Re: Nuc7i5bnb no usb mouse and keyboard
                  Rico112255

Thanks Guys,  problem solved!

I did step 1 till 4 and then went for a "System restore point"back in februari.

Its a point before a so called Windows essential update. So I recon (but not sure) this Windows 10 update is the cause of the problem.

The only thing now is, not to update Windows 10 unless there is a fix for this I guess.