1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 4:07 PM by MartyG

Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)

toshII

hello all,

i would like find a tutorial for beginner to use my D435 in vb.net or C#.
      i've  downloaded & install SDK 2.0 from  librealsense/distribution_windows.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub (last release).

i can use my camera with viewer downloaded, but when i want use by the Cs-tutorial-1-deph from wrappers directoy, i can't.

in first, i've compiled  the LibrealsenseWrapper.dll in BIN\x64\DEBUG from the intel.Realsense.csproject.

And i've found in the directory the copy (automatic) of realsense2.dll from (SDK)

Now, when i open a tutorial project like CS-tutorial-1-deph, the project doesn't find reference of "Intel.Realsense".

i try different method to resolve this :

• delete this old reference (unknow Intel.Realsense) to add LibrealsenseWrapper.dll and realsense2.dll. But realsense2.dll can't be added because i've a message : "Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component."
      • So i try to undersant why i can't insert this reference, and i try put it in system32 + regsvr32 => doesn't work
      • in project, i insert code in post build event : xcopy/y "$(ProgramFiles)\Intel Realsense SDK 2.0\bin\x64$(PlatformShortName)Realsense2.dll" "$Outdir)"

i don't know how can i reference realsense2.dll in the project.

i've no idea to continue...can you help me, please?

thank's a lot.

• 1. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
          MartyG

Once you have obtained realsense2.dll by downloading the SDK 2.0, the next stage in the instructions is:

"Next navigate to /wrappers/csharp and open Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln with Visual Studio.  Press Ctrl + Shift + B to build the solution."

Have you done this, please?

• 2. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
            toshII

Thank you Marty to help me

In first, it's possible we don't have same files downloaded because the in the directories wrappers/csharp/ (from librealsense-master i've found in Github), i' haven't got the file Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln.

I've just a project file and not a solution project like you. Actualy with my files downloaded, i can just open the intel.Realsense.csproj and generate the lirealsenseWrapper with a copy (automatic) of realsense2.dll in bin/x64/Debug.

Can you confirm me where you have find Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln ?

i know just this link to access wrapper/csharp for Realsense D435 : GitHub - IntelRealSense/librealsense: Intel® RealSense™ SDK

i hope it's just a problem of files.

Thank's

• 3. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
              toshII

i've found another package librealsense-2.10.0.
              With this, i happy to find the same file .sln like you.

I've build the solution and open tutorial 1 or 2, both projects have found all reference.
              But when i build, and debug that stop at lign 13: NativeMethods.rs2_keep_frame(m_instance.handle);

with message in french : impossible de trouver le point d'entree 'rs2_keep_frame' dans la dll 'realsense2

with my first package, i've also this error when i've replaced the Intel.Realsense (without reference) by the librealsenseWrapper.dll generated.

have you an idea about?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                MartyG

I had just written a guide to explain about how to find the file in the latest SDK version's source code package, but you got there first before I could post the message.  I'm just happy you found it. 

I don't know about those errors, so will have to do further research.

• 5. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                  MartyG

The documentation says this about rs2_keep_frame:

"This function can be used to preserve specific frame for longer processing.  Calling it signals the intention to not return this frame to the pool within next 100ms."

The rs2_keep_frame was only added to the SDK a couple of versions ago.  So I would make sure that you are using the realsense2.dll from the latest SDK version to make sure that the rs2_keep_frames instruction is supported in the dll you are using.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                    toshII

Thank you really Marty

my version of SDK was dowloaded last month and a release is avalaible now.
                    Sorry for the derrangement, and 1000 merci
                    the Bird can fly itself now !

• 7. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                      MartyG

I was glad to be able to help.  Bonne chance! 

• 8. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                        VCS_5

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to build the c# wrapper from the GitHub c# wrapper project but with no success.

I get the following errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                        Error  The command "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\\copy_dependencies.bat x64 Debug "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\" "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\"" exited with code 9009. Intel.RealSense   

I already installed the most recent sdk (2.10.1). I've found the realsense2.dll.

Any help?

Thanks

Vinícius

• 9. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                          MartyG

Your problem sounds similar to the user above who had trouble when they compiled x64/ debug.  The procedure I recommend following is:

1.  Downloading the latest RealSense SDK to get RealSense2.dll.  You have already done this step.

2.  Navigate to /wrappers/csharp and open Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln with Visual Studio.  Press Ctrl + Shift + B to build the solution.

• 10. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                            VCS_5

Hi,

I did both steps but in the last one I can't build the project.

Error  The command "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\\copy_dependencies.bat x64 Debug "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\" "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\"" exited with code 9009. Intel.RealSense   

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\LibrealsenseWrapper.dll' could not be found cs-tutorial-2-capture C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\cs-tutorial-2-capture\CSC 1 Active

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\LibrealsenseWrapper.dll' could not be found cs-tutorial-1-depth C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C#\librealsense\wrappers\csharp\cs-tutorial-1-depth\CSC 1 Active

Thanks,

Vinícius

• 11. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                              MartyG

The severity error is generated by Visual Studio, and Error 9009 means that a file's path cannot be found by Visual Studio.    The error can sometimes be caused by having a space somewhere in the path name.

• 12. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                                VCS_5

Hi,

I managed to build it.

I removed the following pre-build command that run the batch file.

Then I copied the realsense2.dll to the bin/x64/Debug folder.

Finally Ctrl+Shift+B command on VS.

Thanks,

Vinícius

• 13. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                                  MartyG

Awesome news!  Thanks so much for the feedback in case others have a similar problem.  Have a great day! 

• 14. Re: Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)
                                    DvdZmd

Hello, i can run successful the cs-tutorial-1-depth, but for the cs-tutorial-2-capture VS give me this exception

Frame didn't arrived within 5000 rs2_pipeline_wait_for_frames

Can anyone help me? Thanks

1 2 Previous Next