4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2018 6:35 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver for Windows 10

BillTillman

I have a computer with an Asus PL8V77-VLX motherboard. It has a built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000 video card. This computer has run fine for a long time using Windows 7 and Windows 10. Now suddenly after the latest Windows 10 update I no longer have dual monitors. The only way it works is on the monitor which is connected to the VGA plug. So I run the latest Intel driver install, I've tried the one from Intel as well as the driver from Asus and it starts working again. But if the computer restarts or updates again it goes back to single monitor mode only. I can Remote Desktop into this computer from another machine and I can see and use both monitors. But when at the console of this computer the only way I can get dual monitor is to re-run the install of the Intel driver.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver for Windows 10
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello BillTillman,

I understand that your unit has started behaving in a weird way after updating the Windows from 7 to 10, I apologize for any inconvenience. 

For having a better insight and also to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 
          2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
          3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 
          4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Regards,
          David V

• 2. Re: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver for Windows 10
            BillTillman

Thanks David,

But it's not something that happened when I moved, or was forced to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The display diver(s) worked fine under Windows 10 up until about 2 months ago. Windows 10 updates itself and after one of it's recent updates, it went south. I posted in the M$ forum about this and some tech told me they would be getting it resolved. They explained that it was a known issue that Windows 10 update was installing the wrong driver for the adapter. Further they explained that I could "hide" the driver or "Roll Back" the driver. I tried everything they recommended but nothing would stick As soon as Windows restarts or even with just the machine going to sleep, or it updates again, the problem returns.

This is some crappy thing called "SuperFetch" has been wrecking havoc with my computers. Honestly, M$ has taken the "Personal" out of what we used to call a PC. The consumer no longer owns the computer, the OS manufacturer does and that's a sad thing indeed.

Here is the run of the diagnosis program you asked me to run. This was done after a fresh install and update of Windows 10 done just a few hours ago. Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver for Windows 10
              Intel Corporation

Hello BillTillman,

Thank you for your response,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with the DxDiag. As I can see, the graphics driver is a little old so I would like to first start with the latest graphics driver we have.

Please refer to the following link: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499

Download the ".zip" file and the follow the next steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder. 
              2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
              3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control. 
              4 - Expand the Display adapters section. 
              5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. 
              6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
              7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
              8 - Click "Have Disk". 
              9 - Click "Browse". 
              10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics". 
              11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh". 
              12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed. 
              13 - Reboot your computer

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver for Windows 10
                Intel Corporation

Hello BillTillman,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,
                David V