2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 4:53 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

How do I disable logging by the Intel Content Protection Service?

N.Scott.Pearson

I consider it a violation for any software to write to the root folder of my system drive. I want the C:\Intel folder gone! Intel software should be creating folders and (log) files in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder trees, not the root of my system drive. I should not have to kill the CPHS service just to be able to get rid of this folder. Fix this immediately or give me a way to disable the log.

Thank you,

...S

• 1. Re: How do I disable logging by the Intel Content Protection Service?
          Bryce@Intel

Hey Scott,

I entered an RCR for this, though I'm not sure how that will go since the basis behind it is merely cosmetic. It's not doing any harm as-is and no official violations, just an annoyance for you and I'm sure some others. With constrained resources, not sure how I'll push this through, but I'll do my best. Just keep your expectations low for now, hope you're well.

• 2. Re: How do I disable logging by the Intel Content Protection Service?
            N.Scott.Pearson

My expectations couldn't be lower. Those "constrained resources" definitely need to be spending their time fixing those disasters known as the Intel HD Graphics and Intel HD Audio drivers. I have watched with some amusement the thrash caused by the drop of support for 192/24 audio, something that every audio solution out there has supported for 15+ years, and all because the driver bug was too hard or too much work to fix. When Linux, running on the same hardware (and with an Intel-developed driver), is able to deliver this level of support without issue, showing that the problem is not in the hardware, the Windows driver group looks pretty darn bad...

I am doing great. Retirement treats me well. There's parts of the job at Intel that I still miss, but many other parts that I sure don't...

...S