Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. I will have to check on this , can you share also what is the switch model used?
Thanks for your reply.
The switch is a Cisco WS-C3650-24PDM - The system is Denali - Version 16.3.2, RELEASE SOFTWARE(fc4).
The PC and switch Propagation Delay values are very close (less than 5 nanoseconds offset in worst case).
The following graph shows the average and standard deviation values of the different test. The TX & RX PHY compensation are also represented.
The X axis is the test number and the Y axis is the Propagation Delay measured in nanoseconds.
Feel free to ask for more if needed.
I wish you a very pleasant day.
Just to double check addtional information while we are checking on this:
1) Is this I210 NIC a standalone retail network card (https://ark.intel.com/products/68668/Intel-Ethernet-Server-Adapter-I210-T1) which you installed on the system or an embedded ethernet controller on third party board?
2) If this is a standalone I210-T1 network card, can you provide the
vendor and device ID, you may refer to this website on how to locate the information
We want to check if this is a retail or OEM unit based on the information.
3) Please provide the board model if this is an onboard NIC
4) What cable you used for the testing?
5) Is this an initial test done? Has this setup ever worked with the correct value?
6) What is the distance between the I210 and the switch.
Looking forward to your reply.