2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 7:23 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

What is Wrong With pc/Laptop

C3jZi

Hello dear Intel Community!

These days i made a bad experience with my pc/laptop.

my pc performance is running really low these days and i dont know why,

i dont know if this could cause the problem but the problem occured from the day when i wanted to bring my laptop to another room and it feel off from  my hands

i didnt see anythink break or fell off from my laptop

i can see the difference with the performance because the programs are opening really slow

and ingame performance is really bad like before my pc fell out my hands,

in  Wolf:ET i got FPS (100-140)

in League Of Legends (30-50)

in Minecraft (60-100)

now

in  Wolf:ET i got FPS (20-30)

in League Of Legends (5-10)

in Minecraft (10-20)

and when i see the task manager i can see the CPU is running 100%

the ram too

i mean it would show the stats before too but the games would run solid (by performance)

and i would havemore FPS...

Does someone know why this is happening?

is it happening while my pc fell off and something in the pc could have been broken or isnt fitting good?

i will open my laptop and see if everything is on its right place...

by the way i dont have no viruses i tested it with IOBit Malware Fighter PRO

if someone knows how i can fix this pls reply:(

• 1. Re: WTF is Wrong With pc/Laptop
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello C3jZi,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would consider the laptop accident a possible cause of the slow performance, so you can focus on checking the health of the hardware components.
          For example, you can scan the hard drive to discard that there are problems on your disk. Check the device manager and look for any error codes, too.

Putting faulty hardware aside, performing a clean installation of your operating system can help you reduce the chances of running into errors and other issues when running your applications and games.

Keep in mind that tuning up your system is one of the easiest ways to increase performance. Make sure  you have the latest video drivers for your system.

I would like to gather basic system information. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:
          1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system here.
          2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
          3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.
          4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Let me know about your findings when you open up your laptop. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Wanner G.

• 2. Re: WTF is Wrong With pc/Laptop
            N.Scott.Pearson

To me, this sounds like the drop caused the processor to separate from its heatsink/heatpipe (at least temporarily, mucking up the thermal interface material (TIM, a.k.a paste) between the two). The system is running so hot as a result that it is throttling performance all the time. AS quick check of the processor temperature should identify if this is the case.

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful