Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED Problem

HFegh
Beginner

I just received a notification from Windows Defender saying that my Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology Driver isn't working properly for unknown reasons. Tried to update the Driver but it seems that this Driver is in fact he newest, still the problem persist.

Any help would be great

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Hares,

I understand that you are having problems with the Intel ® SST since it is showing that it does not work properly even when having the latest driver.

Regarding this we released the technology but the support and the drivers are provided by the different OEMs. This means that the best option for you to get support for the issue the Intel ® SST is giving is to contact the OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) of your computer, for example: Dell, HP, Asus, etc.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Hares,

I understand that you are having problems with the Intel ® SST since it is showing that it does not work properly even when having the latest driver.

Regarding this we released the technology but the support and the drivers are provided by the different OEMs. This means that the best option for you to get support for the issue the Intel ® SST is giving is to contact the OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) of your computer, for example: Dell, HP, Asus, etc.

Regards,

David V
AndersFaxedahl
Beginner

We have the same problem on numorous Lenovi X1 Carbon Gen8's. The Intel Smart Sound Technology OED, shows an yelloe exclamation mark. 

The error states something like: Windows has stopped the device, because i has reported a failiure (Code 43). DSP communication timeout. 

(the neweset realtek drivers from lenovi has been installed and the OS is Windows 10 21H1.

0 Kudos