I have a Dell Inspiron 3050 PC with Intel HD Graphics chipset (details below) connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma TV. The image appears cropped and all of my other PCs' graphics cards have the the option to scale the display so we can see the entire image. I am running WIn10 1709 with the latest Intel display driver.
- The Intel HD Graphics Control Panel on this system lacks the scaling option (screenshot below)
* It has the "Maintain Display Scaling" which fills the screen but cuts off all of the edges (classic overscan behavior)
* It also has a "Center Image" option which makes the picture much smaller
- I have tried the following
* Setting to "Center Image" and trying the TV's "zoom" option - does not fit the screen correctly (1/4 of the top of the screen is missing)
* Tried all resolutions and refresh rates
* TV does not support a PC signal (no VGA port and this model does not have any overscan PC support at all - confirmed with Panasonic) - TV does not have any driver to provide WIndows 10 or any other OS
** Question **
- Is there anyway to get the horizontal/vertical custom scaling options to be available? That is what I use on my other PCs and HDMI monitors? Not sure why that is not available on this system since there are 2 scaling options available - just not the custom option.
Intel(R) HD Graphics
Device Instance Path
Panasonic Plasma TV
Does not provide an overscan option to support a PC signal
PC screen is cut-off at the edges (due to overscan)
Works fine with all gaming consoles
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 3050
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 0703
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1800 @ 2.41GHz, 2408 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A06, 9/17/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 0.06
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.248"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.88 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.83 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.88 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.66 GB