This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding Trim on Windows(R) 10.
Please check the following information as per Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox User Guide, section 4.2 pages 20 and 21:
• If your computer uses Windows 7 and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel®RST) 9.6 or later
If your computer uses Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver version 9.6 or later, Intel SSD Optimizer is not required to run Trim. Intel® RST supports the Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Trim command, but for nonRAID/Storage Space configurations only.
The Intel SSD Optimizer can be used on a drive in a RAID array if all of the following conditions are true:
• The drives are configured as RAID0.
• Version 11.0 or later of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) is installed.
• All drives in the RAID array are Intel SSDs that support Trim
• The array is healthy.
• The operating system is not Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012.
You don't require to run Trim on Windows(R) 10 because this is natively supported by the OS version and is normally enabled by default.
However, it is still not possible to run the Optimizer from Intel® SSD Toolbox with Intel® RST in RAID 0, under Windows* 8 / 8.1 / 10 and Windows* Server 2012.
You can find some additional information about TRIM in the following advisory:
Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.