2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 7:49 PM by Le_moose1

Bricked at the BIOS --- No boot screen with F2, etc

Le_moose1

NUC6CAYH

8GB (4x2) RAM

Seagate 1TB HDD

I attempted to have the display show the HDD activity and when the changes were saved and then restarted..... Nothing except the blue band flashed off and on at a regular interval.

I've tried resetting by holding the power down and it shuts off, (I hear the HDD stop). The amber light on the power button is amber then.

I looked at changing the jumper on the 3pin CMOS. No change

If I can get to the splash screen to reset to factory defaults..... HELP! 

There is no display to enter F2 then F9, and save with F10 that will get me back in business.

• 1. Re: Bricked at the BIOS --- No boot screen with F2, etc
          N.Scott.Pearson

Mark,

You need to power on the NUC holding the power button down for exactly 3 seconds (if you hold it down too long, the NUC will power back off; in this case, just try again). After you release it, you should see the Power Button Menu appear (it may take a few seconds seconds). Once you can see the menu, pressing F2 will take you into BIOS Setup (the Visual BIOS program).

Hope this helps,

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bricked at the BIOS --- No boot screen with F2, etc
            Le_moose1

It WORKED! on the 3rd or 4th try. Then I got script at the top of the screen (a bootable device has not been detected).

Not to be detered, hooked up my USB to IDE adapter to an old DVD and reinstalled to a wiped disk because there was some sort of issue. No real data was lost since it was in service for a short time.

Thanks again!

1 of 1 people found this helpful