7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2018 4:06 PM by Intel Corporation

Latest version of Unite Hub and server

RaidX

Seriously, why is it so complicated to get the latest version of the clients, Hub, and entreprise server version from Intel?

On your download page you have plugins, MAC client and extended display driver but there is no info about how to get the Windows client, hub or entreprise server version.

Lenovo website give us an old version of the hub (dated to 2016)

The most recent version I was able to get was going on the Dell Website (and I dont even have a Dell)

Is it soo hard to give us a clear Roadmap on what and where you are doing/going with this app, a support page with all the latest built so we can download them and know at least we are up to date

I think you are handling this app in a very "amateurish" way.

Many months ago, you said you were going to let us install the server version using the SQL express instead of having to use a paid SQL server... is there any update on that issue?

What about your Hub not being able to work on multiple VLAN? Is there an update in the work to make this possible and reflect more the actual IT reality where entreprise have multiple VLAN for Wireless/wired vlan.

I am losing fate in Unite and I dont think you are communicating correctly with your customers...

• 1. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you let us know what version was available on the website for your system? if possible also the version provided by DELL™?

I am going to investigate more on the situation of the SQL server and the multiple VLAN uses.

Regards,
          Leonardo C.

• 2. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
            RaidX

Downloads Detail unite  This is the Lenovo Intel Unite page... which contain only version 3.0 dated back to 2016

And the one I downloaded from Dell is the 3.2.82.42 from there Intel Unite® Downloads - Enterprise Client - Wiki - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community

So tell me... Why is it so hard to get the latest built straight from Intel with information about fixes and features? I am really speechless about this one... it really doesnt make any sense.

Why dont you provide your Partners with the latest version... I mean Lenovo is a big player and you are even linking your Unite compatible devices to that vendor... so Why dont you make sure they are up-to-date?

SQL Express version and multiple Vlan... We talked about this last April and still no update. You guys even told me there was no reason for Unite not to work on SQL Express since its so small and doesn't need any complexe fat database. And Vlan... come on, we are in 2018! Making your device unable to be discovered if we are not in the exact same VLAN is a non-sense.

• 3. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
              Intel Corporation

Hello RaidX 

Thank you for your response

We are investigating the questions for the SQL server and the multiple VLANS uses

Allowed to share with you that we recommend using the driver available on the manufacturer website for their systems, please check your private inbox

Regards
              Leonardo C.

• 4. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
                RussMcN

Hi there,

Just wondering how you've gone with investigating using SQL express?

We have several cases where people want to be able to use the Unite app on iOS/Android but don't want to invest in MS SQL just for this functionality.

Thanks,

Russ

• 5. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
                  polyfarlino

SQL Express form and numerous Vlan... We discussed this last April and still no refresh. You folks even let me know there was no purpose behind Unite not to take a shot at SQL Express since its so little and needn't bother with any complexe fat database. What's more, Vlan... Audacity Find My iPhone Origin please, we are in 2018! Making your gadget unfit to be found on the off chance that we are not in precisely the same is a non-sense.

• 6. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
                    Intel Corporation

Hello all 

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

Let me search for information about the use of Intel Unite® with the SQL express and the capability to use in different VLANs. We will post the updates.

Regards,
                    Leonardo C.
                    Intel Customer Support Technician
                    Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 7. Re: Latest version of Unite Hub and server
                      Intel Corporation

Hello all,

Thank you for waiting.

Allow me to share with you that the SQL Express is not considered to be supported.

Intel Unite® does not handle the network in any way. To be able to connect to Intel Unite® outside of an organization premise user will have to have access to the corporate network using a VLAN, this is the only way to use a VLAN with Unite; I am going to submit the feedback for multiple VLANs to see is it could be taken into consideration for future releases.

Regards,
                      Leonardo C.
                      Intel Customer Support Technician
                      Under Contract to Intel Corporation