8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 12:56 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Unite Hub touch possible?

TimJoecks

Hi @all,

is it possible to use touch with the Intel Unite HUB and the DELL Monitor C8618QT?

I need support, thank you very much!

Best Regards

Tim

• 1. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello TimJoecks,

I understand that you would like to use the "Touch screen" feature with the Intel ® Unite Hub. Regarding this I would like to know the purpose or your idea of using the monitor with the Hub since it is designed to show the Pin for the clients to connect.

In order to give you the best and more accurate answer I will need to you the purpose or the idea that you have in order to use the touch screen while running the Intel ® Unite hub, normally the "Touch" comes with a driver that is installed and that works as if you were using the mouse with your fingers so essentially yes, any application should properly work with the "touch", however, I wan to confirm it so please let us know the information requested.

Regards,
          David V

• 2. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
            TimJoecks

Hello David,

i think my question wasn´t good.

I mean i will connect with my presenter device (Notebook) to the Unite Hub to show my content on the screen/tv - everythink works fine.

But i don´t will control my presenter device with my mouse i search for an solution to use the touch functionality from the screen to control and skip.

Do you understand?

Best regards

Tim

• 3. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
              Intel Corporation

Hello TimJoecks,

Thank you for you response,

Regarding using a touch screen with the Intel ® Unite Hub I was double-checking the information and researching and I was able to find that the Intel ® Unite Hub is not compatible with the usage of a touch screen.

I apologize for any inconvenience,

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
                Intel Corporation

Hello TimJoecks,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,
                David V

• 5. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
                  TimJoecks

Hello David,

is the touch compatibility on the Roadmap? -> For the HUB or Enterprise Unite Server?

Best regards Tim

• 6. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
                    Intel Corporation

Hello TimJoecks,

Thank you for your response,

Regarding your question, no the Intel ® Unite Hub or server are incompatible with the touch-screen functionality. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
                    David V

• 7. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
                      tadamo

I'm also interesting on capabilites of Unite on touchscreen.

I understand that Intel Unite don't support touch by itself.

But what with plugins for Unite Enterprise? For egsample FlatFrog? FlatFrog - Unite App Showcase

There is no instal/user guide for this plugin on Intel Unite site or FlatFrog.

Maybe You can provide some more information about this plugin?

Thank you in advance for help.

Best Regards

Tomasz Adamowicz

• 8. Re: Intel Unite Hub touch possible?
                        Intel Corporation

Hello tadamo,
                        Thank you for contacting us regarding the FlatFrog* Plug-in for our Intel® Unite App (enterprise), it will be more than pleasure to provide you with guidance on this matter.
                        In this case as shared before the Intel ® Unite Hub or server are incompatible with the touch-screen functionality, however, as you may know when it comes about the plug-ins that are developed by 3rd party companies, these features may change.
                        For this specific inquiry we strongly recommend you to get in touch with FlatFrog support through:
                        https://www.flatfrog.com/contact
                        The best recommendation will be to contact them since they created and developed the plug-in so they can provide you with a list of compatible hardware (touchscreens) for their optimization, and to make sure that you will meet all the requirements for the installation of the Intel® Unite App

I hope this helps.
                        Best Regards,
                        Diego S.