Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Core i5-4570 - Performance Issues? Low Single & Multi Thread rates

idata
Employee

Afternoon -

I've been encountering system wide lag. I just ran CPU-Z Benchmark for my Intel Core i5-4570 on a clean boot. The results were 84.8 single thread and 334.8 multi...based on benchmarks that would be around 1/5 of what I would expect. I don't have any temperature issues, can barely get the CPU over 40C.

Here's what I've tested:

• PSU (replacing it with an extra one I had)
  • RAM - Memtest86, no issues, swapped RAM slots, rebooted with only 1 in, alternated, etc.
  • BIOS and drivers up-to-date
  • I ran IPDT and everything came back as Passed (attached)

Any ideas? Could bad RAM cause the low thread rates? Thank you for taking the time to read this Q!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Interesting. Found the issue. I had recently changed my power setting to performance...but somehow the Maximum Processor State was only set to a maximum of 5% (also the minimum). I'll leave this here in case anyone else runs into this issue...no way I would have ever set it to that...something buggy with a windows update maybe...

To fix it:

1. Go to start, search Power (Power & Sleep Settings)

2. Click Additional Power Settings on the right side

3. Choose your plan, high performance in this case

4. Click Change Plan Settings

5. Click change advance power settings

6. Go to processor power management and make sure maximum processor state is at 100%

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello horandall

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you let us know more information on the system-wide lag that you are having, when does it happens? what applications cause it?

Do you have the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology, and Intel SpeedStep® technology enable on BIOS?

For the steps to fix it that you provide have, you tried to increase the Minimum Processor State and review the performance?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello horandall

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos