3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 3:13 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

8700K 4700MHZ hits abnormal temps in Assassin Origins

frusciante23

Hi. This is the only 1 game that hitting my 8700K to abnormal temps. Temps goes to 80 and climbing in random areas to 90-95C and spikes to 100C.

I have 8700K with cooler M9i Cryoring , motherboard Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. MTE is on. XMP memory ON.

This is the only 1 game with such temps. Should i change cooler ? In other games i have temps : 70-80C.

When i see on task manager there are 100% cpu usage when running Origins.

Nothing changed in UEFI. Only XMP profile ON.

Other games temps are ok . But only in Origins it goes as high like 85C to 90C and 90-100C

• 1. Re: 8700K 4700MHZ hits abnormal temps in Assassin Origins
          N.Scott.Pearson

You need to verify your fan speed control configuration (typically found in BIOS, though some boards come with applications that let you view/change it in Windows). It should be ensuring that, if temperatures are above, say, ~85c, the processor cooling fan/blower/pump should be running at full speed (100% duty cycle).

BTW, seeing temperatures reach ~85c is fine. Seeing very short duration spikes above that level is also fine. Seeing consistent temperatures above that level is not good.

...S

• 2. Re: 8700K 4700MHZ hits abnormal temps in Assassin Origins
            frusciante23

Thanks for reply. Ok when i am starting game temps are in first minutes 80-90C, then climbing to 90's .

And overall temps during game are 80-90's with occasionall spikes to 100C . 100C is not always but every 3 minutes it will spike for a second to 100C.

temps are like 80's,90's,80s,90s,80s,90,90s,100C spike and back down again to 80's. Something like that.

• 3. Re: 8700K 4700MHZ hits abnormal temps in Assassin Origins
              N.Scott.Pearson

Once temperatures reach ~85c, is the processor cooling fan/blower/pump running at full speed (100% duty cycle)? If not, then the programming is incorrect and needs to be fixed. Best configuration ensures that the processor cooling fan/blower/pump is at full speed for any temperature above ~85c AND, if the processor temperature rises to ~90c (or higher), all other fans in the chassis are also taken to full speed to assist with processor cooling.

Hope this helps,

...S