8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2018 1:54 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes

MEProblems

After an Intel Driver upgrade in December 2017, my Lenovo 520 Thinkpad with Windows 7 started shutting down every 1800 seconds (30 minutes) -- no warning or beep, just a hard shutdown. This occurs in Safe Mode and BIOS.

After extensive troubleshooting, this has proven to be due to the Management Engine in the Intel i5-2520M CPU.  On odd occasions I've been able to get it to restart with "ME is in a recovery state" and the computer remains operational for as long as it is left on, with no automatic shutdown. 

1. Has Intel developed a fix for this problem or new Intel chip ME driver or firmware?

2. What action will put ME into a recovery state so that this problem does not occur?

• 1. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I know that you are having issues with the ME I will be more than glad to assist you.

The issue you are having is usually fixed with a BIOS update provided by the manufacturer of the system, in order to check your system information I would like to gather more details about the configuration you have in the computer.  Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

(You may need to copy and paste the links provided into a separate tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor” on the upper right-hand corner of the response box, then the “attach” option will appear on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Ciany C.

• 2. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
            mama232

Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I know that you are having issues with the ME I will be more than glad to assist you. The issue you are having is normally settled with a BIOS refresh given by the maker of the framework, so as to check your framework data I might want to accumulate more insights about the arrangement you have in the PC. If you don't mind join to this string the .txt record the Intel System Support Utility will create nox To connect a document, you should click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right-hand corner of the reaction box, at that point the "append" alternative will show up on the base right-hand corner of the reaction box

• 3. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
              mama232

Much thanks for reaching the Intel® Unite™ application groups. We will do our best with a specific end goal to give the data you are searching for.

As to your inquiry, to give the most precise reaction, might you be able to please affirm tutuapp on the off chance that you are utilizing Intel® Unite remain solitary or undertaking variant?

Any further inquiries, please let me know.

• 4. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
                mama232

I might want to convey the Unite App comprehensively over my association. We utilize SCCM for conveyance of programming. I looked through the online documentation and I can't discover any data on establishment parameters to make a modified introduce. I need to set the establishment to acknowledge the permit understanding, pick the undertaking introduce, set the server and open key data, set ShowBox Download the introduce catalog, and acknowledge the establishment. The establishment should run and after that place a Unite Launch Icon on the work area.

Are there CLI switches that can benefit my necessities?

Has anybody had accomplishment with bundling a .MST to control the MSI introduce?

• 5. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
                  Intel Corporation

Hello mama232

I have sent you a private message, please check your Inbox.

Regards,

Ciany C

• 6. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
                    Intel Corporation

Hello MEProblems,

I was checking your thread and I would like to know if you were able to get the information,

Regards,

Ciany C.

• 7. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
                      Intel Corporation

Hello MEProblems,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

You mentioned that the problems started after an Intel® driver upgrade. However, keep in mind that you always have to contact your laptop manufacturer to download the Intel® Management Engine driver and fix any issue related to it. I recommend you to contact Lenovo and have them replicate the issue described before to get a solution or workaround and improve the functionality of your system. There is little we can do about this problem at this point. 

Wanner G.

• 8. Re: Intel ME Causes Automatic Shutdown every 30 Minutes
                        Intel Corporation

Hello MEProblems,

Were you able to get additional information from your laptop manufacturer?
                        Please let me know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.