5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2018 2:05 PM by Intel Corporation

SSD NVMe

XORROR

Good evening!

During the download from m.2 via the PCI-Express adapter, several disks and the drive are not detected from time to time (Pic 1),2.BMP

I looked in AIDA64 and found that it (Bus 0, Device 31, Function 2 Intel Patsburg PCH - SATA AHCI 6-Port Controller [C-1]) (Pic 2).3.PNG

Checking the drivers says that everything is fine, but apparently something is not going right at boot time. Can I do something about it, maybe I have a more recent driver or firmware for it? I know that this platform is outdated, but X79Extreme9 works quite well. Maybe it does not always have time to load? Maybe it can be set up somehow?

I use 512 GB for downloading SM961 (Pic 3).

1.BMP

And I have one more question - why the download time is not shown in the task manager? Does this work only for SATA SSDs? Or does it depend on the equipment?

• 1. Re: SSD NVMe
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello XORROR,

Thank you for your participation in this community.

You mention that you are using a PCIe adapter, although this type of configuration may work, we don’t support it. This means that we cannot provide further insight since it is a not validated setup.

If you would like us to further analyze the issue you are experiencing, and decide to leave aside the adapter, please provide the report generated by the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-).

Also, could you please tell me which Intel® SSD are you using?

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Regards,
          Andres V.

• 2. Re: SSD NVMe
            XORROR

Hello Andres V.

Thanks for the answer). At the moment I do not use msd from intel, three weeks ago I got a new m.2 ssd and a pci-express adapter, when I installed Windows 10 and started to connect my HDD, it turned out that there was some problem with the intel controller. With the usual startup or after a reboot via UEFI, everything loads normally, but if you reboot from the OS, the devices that are on the Intel controller connectors disappear and the error appears as in the screenshots above. I did not know where else to write, so I wrote here in Asrock. Perhaps someone already faced such a problem and applied to the forum, I saw that the driver signature already in 2006, although already 2018.

I made SSUs. Ehe - one with HDD and 2 with ssd with normal boot when everything works and with problem, maybe the controller does not have time, but why intel, and not Marvell.

https://yadi.sk/d/NG-2iDsv3SewrK

• 3. Re: SSD NVMe
              Intel Corporation

Hello XORROR,

Thank you for providing more details.

It seems that you are aware that this case is out of the scope of our technical support team, as you mention that you are seeking for a community member that may have experienced the same situation as you.

I interpret that you already tried contacting ASRock (https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp), I think that is the best way to proceed, since the matter described suggests a motherboard configuration issue (especially since you are using a PCIe adapter).

Could you please further explain which “Intel controller” are you referring to?

Regards,
              Andres V.

• 4. Re: SSD NVMe
                XORROR

(Bus 0, Device 31, Function 2 Intel Patsburg PCH - SATA AHCI 6-Port Controller [C-1]) This information is obtained from AIDA64. Problem driver ~ 2006г.

• 5. Re: SSD NVMe
                  Intel Corporation

Hello XORROR,

Thank you for the clarification.

Even though this platform controller hub you are referring to is indeed manufactured by Intel®, it is implemented on an ASRock motherboard, which means this issue should be handled by them.

This is due to the fact that the component implementation process involves certain customization only fully understood by the motherboard’s manufacturer.

I hope you get the adequate support from the ASRock technical support team (https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp), or from another member of this community.

If you have any update, or question regarding an Intel® SSD, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
                  Andres V.