Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

The game Smite gives a D3D9 error when launching on my Intel 4400 graphics card.

BChid
Beginner

The Smite game (which is free) generates a D3D9 error when trying to launch the game. I have an Intel 4400 graphics card.

I believe the D3D9 error is coming from DirectX because it contains a D3D9.dll file. The error I get is "Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting..."

I have tried several suggestions online and cannot fix this issue.

Can you generate the same issue? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello bchidester,

I understand that you are getting a D3D9 error when launching the game "Smite", I will be more than glad to help you.

Regarding this issue, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Once I have all of the information I will try to replicate the issue you are currently having to see what could be the problem.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
BChid
Beginner

Thanks for the start of the help:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bchidester,

Thank you very much for patiently waiting,

Today during the day I tested the "Smite" game with one of the systems we have and there was no issue whatsoever. The launcher installed the pre-requisites and then opened the game with no error. I was using the same driver version that you have as well as Windows 7 64-bit.

Up to this point, what I could recommend you to do is to download the launcher again and re-install it. But first, uninstall everything from the computer, make sure there are no "High Rez" files remaining to make sure that nothing gets in the way of the new installation. Afterwards, download the launcher and allow it to install the game and pre-requisites.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bchidester,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos