Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

Issue migrating existing RAID array

RSher2
Beginner

Hello,

I am migrating (2) Western Digital - Black 1TB Drives in RAID-1 from Asus - P7P55D-E PRO to Asus Z370-A. Obviously do not want to lose the data. They are not OS drives.

I have the new build together. I set RST in the BIOS. And under PCH Storage Configuration I created a new volume with the two drives.

Windows 10 is recognizing the drives in Device Manager and in the Intel RST Utility. However, the array is not showing as a drive.

I did the Initialize and Verify in the Intel RST utility. Reboot. Still not there.

I went into Windows Disk Management and from there had the option to "Initialize Disk" which I assume will make the drive usable. I selected MBR as it seemed to be the more widely used option and I am not dealing with huge drive sizes. After that I only had the option to create a Simple Volume. Which I did and now when I try to access it, I am told I need to format it in order to use it.

I'm stuck. What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RSher2
Beginner

I was able to fix the MBR using CHKDSK x: /f. This allowed me to get access to both of the drives and the data is all intact.

I tried to create a Raid 1 Array within RST using both drives and taking contents from the drive on Port 3. I am getting the following error: 0xA001005D

What is my best option to get the Raid 1 repaired?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi sherm22,

I understand you are trying to create RAID 1 but you are getting a blue screen. Let me help you on this matter.

I would like to confirm if this problem remains after installing the latest Intel® Rapid Storage version 15.9

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

Let me know your findings

Allan J.
0 Kudos
RSher2
Beginner

Yes, the issue persists after upgrading to 15.9.

Screenshot and System Report attached.

After the error it says the volume is created. But it is not.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi sherm22,

Thank you for the update.

I have not been able to get the same error message, I tried to replicate this issue, the only difference was that I created the RAID 1 from the RAID BIOS.

Have you tried recreating the array within CTRL I option? This will create the array from scratch.

Regards,

Allan J.

0 Kudos
RSher2
Beginner

I have not tried re-creating the array from BIOS as there is information I want to keep and I am not pushing my luck any farther than I already have.

I have ordered a 1TB drive to backup the data to. I will then try to re-create the array from BIOS.

0 Kudos