7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 7:04 PM by Parapele

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.

Parapele

Hello everyone!

Previous topic was closed, bug wasn't fixed. Bug report was made seven months ago. One question - seriously?

Oddworld - Stranger's Wrath HD in cutscene rainbow triangle pattern line cross the screen

Driver 4944

https://gfycat.com/ViciousScientificIndianrhinoceros

https://gfycat.com/BlindAffectionateAnnelid

PS: Save thumbnails looks fine now.

• 1. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Parapele 

Thank you for joining the community.

We are investigating the case; could you let us know the type of video connection?

Could you set up the resolution at 1280 X 1024 60 Hz?

Please let me know the outcome   

Regards,
          Leonardo C.

• 2. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
            Parapele

Hello Leonardo. It's nothing to do with type of video connection or resolution. You didn't read carefully the old topic - line appears only in cutscenes..

Stranger HD Running great, but a weird rainbow triangle pattern line appears during in game rendered cutscenes... PLEASE…

There Windows 10 HP laptop, i have 6100 HD 530.

• 3. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
              Intel Corporation

Hello Parapele 

Thank you for your response,

I understand your situation, but to continue with the investigation we need to confirm that information

Regards
              Leonardo C.

• 4. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
                Parapele

Just run game and you will see. All information exist in seven months old topic. This is not funny.

UPD: Leonardo please tell me you filled bug ticket. And please find what (and why) happened with previous bug report. I will be honest, my patience comes to the end. This is not you, but in general experience (almost one year) dealing with cases like this. I think about making separate topic. Open letter to Boji Tony (General Manager, Intel Customer Support) or something like that. Intel support, it's like fighting with a wall.

• 5. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Parapele

Thank you for your response, the situation is under investigation we are going to post back as soon a news become available

Regards
                  Leonardo C.

• 6. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
                    Ronald_Intel

Hello Parapele,

I would like to apologize for any frustration the handling of these issues have caused you. I’m also a gamer and I know how awful it is when a bug comes up and disrupts my gameplay experience.

The original bug report [ID 1405609824] was filed to address an underlying issue affecting many DirectX* 9 games. Even though we got confirmation that it fixed the issue for some popular games (e.g. Halo* 2, Crysis), we understand that there are several others that still show different issues. To list a few - most of which you have reported to us -

1. Battlefield Bad Company 2.

2. Metro 2033 Redux.

3. Cold Fear.

4. Splinter Cell Double Agent.

5. Red Faction Guerrilla.

6. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD.

7. Turok 2 Seeds of Evil.

8. Split/Second.

9. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

Since the main underlying issue has been addressed, we are moving towards root causing (i.e. issue reproduction and debugging) the remaining issues for each individual game. For instance:

a. Split/Second [bug ID 1406753766].

b. Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD [bug ID 1406835061].

I regret confirming that this process has moved at a slow pace, but resources aren’t limitless and we need to prioritize bugs in old game, new games and other applications. And while there is no perfect driver (it can occur that while fixing one issue on application Y a new issue is generated on application X) we are working hard to get as close to one as possible.

Intel really appreciates that you have taken your time to report these issues to us, and I’m doing everything I can to champion these investigations on your behalf. I’ll be in touch when new progress happens that I can report on.

Again, thanks for your continued patience, I appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

• 7. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, second try.
                      Parapele

Hello Ronald_Intel , thanks for response. At least you still remember. But man, this "slow pace" really really SLOW. It's like reporting for the future generation. Intel will just abandon Skylake at that time. And "aren't limitless resources" for company like Intel it's something. Maybe Intel should hire at least one person more, for working on drivers - double number of employee? ^_^

PS: And Intel discrete GPU - good luck with that! Market need competitor.