3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 2:38 PM by Intel Corporation

No detection of a 9260 in a NUC6CAYH

Hammernet

Hey there,

I would like to share my problem with the Wifi-Team as instructed with the hope of beeing helped out. Please see the details of the thread: Re: NUC6CAY and 9260 Wifi isn‘t recognized

One more thing: Installing the 9260 in my TP X250, the card is beeing detected just fine and working like promised. Putting it in the NUC, it is detected as FFFF:FFFF even within the BIOS.

I`m thanking you for your help.

Regards,

Manuel

• 1. Re: No detection of a 9260 in a NUC6CAYH
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Manuel,

Thanks for posting.

Please allow us more time to review this problem.

Best regards,
          Eugenio F.

• 2. Re: No detection of a 9260 in a NUC6CAYH
            Intel Corporation

Hello, Hammernet.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

I will be taking care of the case by now. Allow me to inform you that I will escalate this case to a different level of support since the NUCs and Wireless department will work together in order to provide you with further assistance, this might take some time nonetheless, once I have an update I will definitely let you know.

Antony S.

• 3. Re: No detection of a 9260 in a NUC6CAYH
              Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for your patience, Hammernet.

Allow me to share with you that the Wireless card you are using is not compatible with the NUC as per FCC regulations. Please find more information below:

Wireless Regulatory Information

The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® adapters listed in this table have been tested and are compliant for use with Intel NUC products in all regions. The use of any wireless adapter other than those listed here is not supported by Intel and may violate regulatory com

MANUFACTURER          DESCRIPTION        PART    NUMBER            RESULTS TYPE
              IntelDual Band Wireless-AC 3165                   3165.D2WG18V.S             Intel Validated
              IntelDual Band Wireless-AC 3168                        3168NGW                     Intel Validated
              IntelDual Band Wireless-AC 7265                      7260NGW BN                 Intel Validated

http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC#

Antony S.