Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.
I understand you are having some problems setting up the max resolution on your second monitor using the Intel® HD Graphics 620. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.
In order to perform a deeper research regarding this issue you are facing, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
In addition, I would like to have a Report for the Intel® Graphics while the second monitor is connected. Please follow this guide in order to attach the report to the thread: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848.html
Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided.
By checking these reports attached to the thread, I can see that the Graphics drivers are outdated. In order to update these drivers please download the latest version by clicking here. Then, in order to complete the installation please follow these steps:
1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.
5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
6. Open Device Manager
7. Expand the Display adapters section.
8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
12. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer. Nevertheless, we can try to perform this troubleshooting step.
I am terribly sorry that your issue still persists. We can try then to install your system manufacturer Graphics drivers. Please download these drivers by clicking here and run the .exe file. Once these steps are completed please press CTRL+ALT+F8 in order to set the graphics properties back to default. Furthermore, please check your monitor's ratio settings to make sure this is not setting any limit to the graphics controller.