Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

i210 windows driver source

MSanz
Beginner

Hi,

We are working on a i210 flash-less design in which the i210 operates in Serdes/1000Base-BX mode attached to an external optical module. We have already validated the design as it has passed all acceptance tests.

Our application requires changing the value of one register (Fiber Specific Control Register 2). This that can only be done from the driver. We have successfully tested it under Linux. We would like to make it also work under Windows 7 Embedded Edition. Is it possible for us to have access to the source code of the Windows version of the driver?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. You may try registering at our resource and design center to gain elevated access to avail of the driver source code.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
MSanz
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your rapid response.

I'm already registered at the resource and design center.

I can browse the site and also obtain documents marked as restricted, but I can't find any references to the windows driver source code.

Could you please tell me where I can find it?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Thank you for the reply. You might need to obtain NDA for this and this required the support from Research and design center. Please contact the Research and Design center support to assist you to obtain further access. You may refer to the link below

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/registration-privileged.html

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
MSanz
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your response. We already have a signed NDA with INTEL, CNDA number 014759 dated 09/07/2017. I have access to the Research and Design center, but can't find the required information. Could you please help me locating this information or pointing out how to request it?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Manuel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Thank you for the update and I am sorry to hear what happened. I need to check for you the support in Research & Design center. Please wait for my further update.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Please be informed currently we are still working on your request. I will post an update once there is any progress. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
MSanz
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Could you please provide any feedback about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Manuel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Thank you for the follow up. I sent a PM to you. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Further checking, if you only need to change the value of one register rather than perform this action within the driver,then you can make use of easier method by modifying the NVM. This can be done by referring to the instructions at https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf on changing the NVM. In case you need help to modify the NVM, we can extend further assistance.

Please let us know if you want to modify the register or making changes in the driver?

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
MSanz
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

thank you for your assistance offer.

We want to make changes in the driver so we can change the adapter behavior without reprogramming the NVM.

In our design (i210 flashless) the driver should for example be able to establish the 'Output Amplitude' field value of the 'Fiber Specific Control Register 2' according to external environment/configuration.

We have the design working on linux with a modified igb driver to accomplish our requirements.

Our goal is to be able to build the complete system either in Linux or Windows, therefore our interest in the windows driver source code.

Sorry for insisting, but a rough estimation of how long the process of obtaining the driver source code could take will be very useful for us.

Thanks again,

Manuel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Thank you for the confirmation. Let me further check with our engineering team and get back to you as soon as there is the update. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Please be informed we are still in the reviewing process, will update you once there is further progress.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
MSanz
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the information. We would appreciate any data that you could provide regarding possible intermediate milestones or foreseeable end date for the process.

Regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Thank you for the follow up and apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. I will further check with our engineer.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
hlee48
Beginner

Thank you for your rapid response.

I'm already registered at the resource and design center.

I can browse the site and also obtain documents marked as restricted, but I can't find any references to the windows driver source code.

Could you please tell me where I can find it?.https://periodicos.ufsc.br/index.php/mundosdotrabalho/user/viewPublicProfile/73951 .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mnlsnz,

Apologize for any delay. I sent a PM to you.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos